Anyone run stock swinger with a 4ml?

So seriously thinking about switching from my +6 back to stock. Bike is a stock cylinder, 4 ml (115mm), aggressive mx port, matched cases, +2 timing, pump gas domes (150 psi static comp test), 64mm bore, 28mm pwk, and shearer SB inframes. The b!tch halls! I recently rode a friends shee pretty much same as mine except with FMF fattys and -1 swinger. This thing was fun as hell to ride. To easy to turn and pitch sideways. Not nose heavy in jumps, but the front ends was considerably lighter than mine. With a hard blip of the throttle, it did come up. But that's not really an issue for me. Anybody else run a similar setup with a stock swinger? Or maybe a minus length swinger? Was thinking I might even go to +2 and see how it feels, but I need to sell my other swingers first. I currently have a +6 on it now, and. + 4 sitting on the shelf. Thanks for any replies.

I have a 4mil on a stock swing arm but as you know my engine isn't up to par. It's still a fun ride though, comes up fast, easy to ride in trails, slides really easy

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Honestly it all depends on your type of riding. If you do mostly trails and mx, then go with a stock length. I had a 4mil dune port with cpi pipes on a stock swinger. I was also running 15/41 gearing with holeshot gncc tires and it was really nice. Gearing changes and tire selection will play a part in the swinger choice also

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Me too ^^^!

Thanks for all the feedback. I forgot to mention that I ride trails/dune 75%/25%. I really like to be able to shoot a hill and not have to worry about the front end coming up. So I'm thinking maybe + 2 will be the sweet spot.

Me too ^^^!

Thanks for all the feedback. I forgot to mention that I ride trails/dune 75%/25%. I really like to be able to shoot a hill and not have to worry about the front end coming up. So I'm thinking maybe + 2 will be the sweet spot.

-2,Stock length or +18. No in between.
  • Like 1

I run stock swinger and dune ported 4 mil. Front end picks up easily thru the first 5 gears. Fairly useless on a holeshot when drag racing though. Lol. To me the added difficulty makes it funner. Whoopin up on bikes with extended arms puts a fatty grin on my face.

@ sheerider: all or nothing. I dig that!

@ DP: I'm already faster than everyone I ride with, so no need to drag. But I get what your saying. My fav is to smoke 4 poke and have them be surprised that it happened. Love that sh!t!

@ RRL: I ended up scooping up a whole reared from a guy local to me. It's stock, but it'll allow me to try out the stock swinger and see if I like it. But what would you need for yours and what did JD need to weld it up? Pm me pls. If I keep stock, is like something pretty. Stock swingers look like crap.

You guys think I should up the gearing with stock since I've got a good amount of power already? I was thinking to go up one tooth up front.

In the trails you should be able to control your tire spin with some practice on seat positioning and weight transfer... the stock rear shock can be fine tuned pretty decently IMO....

I have a -1 and +4 IIRC for my 10 cub.... any kind of track / racing and the -1 is in use which is when your heaviest on the gas. time and practice will only make you better... throwing on a huge swinger is a band aid fix and being lazy LOL.... (when it comes to trail riding on a larger .

Agreed...

I would like to find a -2 if anyone can help(not trying to jack thread)