What Was You First Time Like?

I wasn't lucky to every own one as a kid. I rode my friend's utilities some during middle school, but never sat on a real quad until high school when my friend let me ride his 01 shee. Even for just putting around in 1st and 2nd, knowing that the power band was a hair squeeze on the throttle away had my heart racing. After hitting the power band a bit hard and rolling his, I was in love, so I set out to purchase my own. First quad I've ever owned, and damn happy that it was a banshee. Couldn't start out better. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't ridden an atv for almost 6-7 years when I saw pictures of my buddy at the dunes pulling the front tires off of the sand. I looked at him, and said 'You are having more fun in that one picture, than I've had in nearly 10 years" 2 months later I went out and bought it without ever riding one.

When we finaly got a place to ride it was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. I would hit the gas, and the tires would brake loose on the dirt/grass, and I would slide to the back of the seat.

The first time at the dunes sucked because I didn't have paddles, but it still kicked ass.

I used to own a beartracker. It was fun to beat the shit out of but almost killed me numerous times because there was no power on hills. When I started I had two riding friends and they had recons which is the honda 250. Mine was a little faster so I was happy with it. However I went to school one year and came back and they had 300ex's and killed me. Needless to say I couldn't take it anymore I needed a new quad. For like 7 years I have wanted a banshee and couldn't afford it. Finally a year latter I was able to buy one, keep in mind I never rode one or anything faster then a 300ex. By the way when I picked it up the dealer told me not to kill myself I really didn't know what to think of that.

So when I got home I did the warm up cool down thing three times, the whole time it was killing me I wanted to see if it was faster then those 300's. Not haveing any where to ride but my block I started off at 1/4 throttle and I was really disappointed to say the least. So after 3 lapes I was like this an't shit. :angry: So I went by my house in second gear, and was thinking I wonder what 3/4 throttle is like? So I hit it and it bogged from being riden like a bitch and then RREEEEEEEE! The dam thing pulled the wheels of the ground and scared the shit out of me.

I then rode back to my house and shut it off. It shocked me so much that I was shakeing. I instantly felt two things at that moment. One was that must have been a dum ass buying this crazy thing and it might kill me. The second was that I had just experinced the second greatest thing next to sex and was in love :P

i got a trail blazer when i was 5.....then moved up to well down to a xr 80 then a rm 80 ..rode friend 125..and 400 ex..bought a 300ex..totalled it.....then got a 400ex...and now banshee....ive had dirtbikes in my family since i was born... :D

shane

By the way when I picked it up the dealer told me not to kill myself I really didn't know what to think of that.

LOL SAME HERE!!! The dealer, my insurance agent at the time, and my loan officer at my bank.

When I went to my buddys house to go for that first ride his dad came out of the house and asked him if he brought any extra body bags for me.

i have rode alot of quads threw the years first started on a 3 wheeler 125 when i was about 2 and a half dad on the back helping me and shit rode that for about 2 yeaars then got a 200sx (witch i still have) rode that till i was about 8 then we got a lokata and a three wheeler 250R it was the air cooled one switched off and on with thoes then when i was about 12 got a blaster i rode that for 2 years moded the hell out of it then rode a banshee i really didn't think to much of it except it was bigger becouse my blaster was a pimped out and was about as fast but some reasion i bought one right befor i turned 15 and sold the blaster then just started modding my banshee :D now i love it

My friend's brand new Banshee was the first quad that I had ever been on. I ran over my neighbor's mailbox on the back two wheels 10 minutes after getting on it. I found out two things in those 10 minutes. You can't steer with the front two wheels off of the ground, and that I had to get a Banshee.

First quad I OWNED was a LT250 aka Quadracer, rode it for about a year before the motor went south. At the time I knew nothing about 2 strokes, and had my hands full w/ Stock Cars, so it sat....and rotted....

At the end of my 4th full season in stock cars we decided to give em up for a while, so its time to fix the SlowZuki. I got it fixed, while in the process of a rebuild my homie went out and bought a brand new Shee, man I was jealous. After the break in, he let me ride it.....DONE DEAL! I had to have one...Few days later we lined up for a drag race, needless to say I got smoked- right then and there I made a promise- I would own a Banshee within 6mo and not only will I have one, I would be SMOKIN HIM! Less than a month later I found my basket case....had a buddy help me rebuild it. 2 months after makin the promise, he lost his first race on his 01 :D

Been all down hill since then......

I owned a suzuki 230 and i thought i was the fastest on the planet.Sold that and lost total interest in quads. 16 years later a friend of mine got into riding and convinced me that it was the greatest thing. He was right and i bought a banshee and had no idea on what was in store for me. No test ride no nothing.just dropped 5200 bucks without prior knowledge of what it is. So i found the HQ and they cut my imbillical cord,powdered my butt and showed me the world of banshee mania.

I started out on a Polaris trailblazer. I knew my uncle had an 87 banshee sittin in the shed for years, but didnt know if it ran. I took it out put some new gas in it, kicked it over twice, and heard that baby roar. Just hearing the thing as soon as i started it i knew it had power. My uncle use to race the thing but then he got too busy to ride it for a while. I ended up buying it off of him for 1250. Since then i put 1000 bucks of work into it.

I started with a trx125 with no shock when I was 12. After I've got my first job, I bought a 1996 XR400. That was a very good machine but I saw that motorcycle wasnt for me. So next year I bought a atc200x and I began to ride in sand pit. One day, my friend said that he bought a banshee. He said : take my banshee, go and try it! Since this day, I decided that banshee will be my next quad. So this summer I bought my 03 banshee and I don't regret it. :)

I started off at 6 on a 81 yamaha tri-z 175 my parents bought sed for my brother that was 12 at the time. we rode it for a while and dad sold it, we were devastated. after that i swore i would never be without somthing to ride. in 97 i bought a 85 200x blew it up sold it. 98 bought a 87 250x loved it to death, one of the best all round quads ever made to my opinion. End up i traded it or a 88 CR250r had so fun couldnt stay on 2 wheels, and it just so happened that the same place i got the 250r from had a 96 banshee on trade in for a 300ex (dumb asses) they were desperate t get rid of i traded the R in for the same price ibought it for on my prize possesion that still is makin mother earth wonder what the hell is goin on!