What Was You First Time Like?

i first started out on a 98 xr100 when i was 8.....rode that for a couple years...sold it and bought a blaster(pos)...blew that up the same weak and traded it for a yz125...rode it for a while and sold it...then bought a yz250...traded that for a blown up banshee......rebuilt the motor and rode it for about a year and then traded it for a kfx400(slow) that was the worst mistake of my life..i missed my shee...so i traded thaat for my96 shee that i have now

)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after flipping and injuring myself on my frijends xr100 multiple times, along with him literally running me over from behind, resulting in a hole missing from my left leg...

.. i hopped on my buddies older brothers banshee one day in the woods behind their house, he talked me into it, i almost rolled it in this off camber drainage ditch, and he had to ride it out before i died.... i decided maybe i should start out with a blaster first instead, rode the shit out of the blaster all summer, 4-5 days a week, everywhere, many fun nights riding home through the forest wasted with a buddy on back barely conscious and hanging on, it was a great way of transportation, after a run in with some state troopers in the forest, it changed my outlook on that deal. sold the blaster, had nothing for a year.. then saw a pretty red and black 03 leftover for $1k off at the dealership, got it , rolled it a bunch, still have it, love it. havnt rolled it in a while, about due

We actually started on 2 old YFM 80's, bought from my neighbor. We meaning me riding my kids on em. Cruised on some trails at my brother in laws. Then he bought a Honda 200 with shocks and I was like a quad with shocks and a light? WTF!! So I bought a Trail blazer in 98, new. We werent into speed records, just kinda cruising on some trails, tent camping with the kids and having some frosties, AND the thing rides like a caddilac so it was all good. (Still have it, the wife loves it) Then I was cruising around with my brother in law, who just up graded to a blaster and my kids on the 2 80s when 2 chicks on warriors blasted by me on a hill climb. I bought a Banshee the next week and still have it. (July 4 1999) I now have three. Gave my youngest son the original 99, I have the 94 in the sig and my oldest has an 02. Seems to be getting crazier. Cool old thread.

I used to race motocross untill i nearly snapped my spine.. in hospital for two weeks with a twisted spine!! sold my bike an got bored soon after so said i was gonna get another bike but the girlfriend said i wasnt allowed.. thought whats the next best thing.. a quad.. now the best thing!! i wanted something that no one i knew had and could beat my mates raptor's an trx's.. so tried a shee and had to concentrate when riding (didnt want to come off the back!) i knew i had to have it so gave the guy the money there an then!

• 2 weeks later...

Hell this is really going to show my age..but I started on a Honda 90 three wheeler in around 76' with the old balloon tires for suspension.lol..then my dad got us (brother) a set of 185's with the front suspension(big timers) back n 82' I believes.Then he goes out and buys us 1-84' 250r(air cooled and 1-85' water cooled 250r(all honda's).1-2 weeks later he p-up a 250 4trax and we do Pismo like every other month for like 2-3 years.And Dumont every Thanksgiving.Fast foward to 07.I am married with a family.My cousin goes out and buys a bunch of bikes and we hit the dunes hard.I went out and got a couple of bikes for my family ( myself trx 450).And was getting smoked by all the Banshees.This was New Years at Dumont now.By middle of Feb,I went out and bought brand new one at the dealer.(Leftover inventory).Ill tell you what these are the fastest bike I have ever ridden..lol

I started out on a RM 50 @ 8 years old . worked my way up the lader with the YZ 80. Thought it was the fasted bike ever until i got a YZ 125. By the time i out grew the 125 my brother-in-law bought a SHEE. Once i rode the beast i went to the cycle shak and bought my own. I've been havfing the most fun on it. Been owning it sinse 96. Just rebuilt and did som mods. This is one bad ass mother. :headbang: I will never sell it. My brother-in-law moved to texas and did not bring his so it is now mine. Well i gave it to my son. I cant ride two and he rides withe me now.

started out on a 185s when i was about 13 then jumped up too a trx250r when i was 15 ,then when i turned 18 got a job,and i tore the motor down built it up with my dad ,fast little gas motor ,rode the crap out it in tell about 2 weeks ago ,i traded it for a mild dune banshee ,got all the bugs worked out of it so ready to hit pismo with it for the first time on 4th of july

My first bike was actually a Honda Odyssey. I loved that thing, everyone always wanted to ride it so I got to ride everything on trade. I then got a Honda 350X and that was pretty bad ass. I now have a 09LTZ400 and the 03 Banshee. The Banshee is fast, I rode today and everyonce on awhile it surprises you, it will comeout from under you when you least expect it. I still think that the LTZ 400 is a pretty fast quad, I have some stuff done to it and it goes.

My experience was simair to others....

On a trip to SC i rode my friends Blaster around. He had two of them. I fell in love and when i got back home to NYC, i bouight a bran new 2001 Blaster. I rode around in it for nearly one year and ended up selling it becasue i needed the money and was also pissed that i was constantly getting beat by my friends that had this ATV called a "Banshee"... Needless to say, i wouldnt have a chance to ride one for another 8 years.

Fast foward to 6 months ago..

All this time i had never forgotten my love for the Banshee and through all these years though about it once in a while. nowadays i have a much better job and money to buy the toys i once couldnt get.

One day bored at work i look on Craiglist for a quad. I know i wanted to get as close to the last year (2006). i went to see a few before i bumped into a 2006 decent condition one. I took it home. Quad was bogging with the current setup and not reving out.

The other day was my first time actually riding it. i waited 5 weeks to recieve Toomeys from the dealer, and installed them, rejetting and running it, i jumped on her.

i kicked it and proceeded to try her around the block. I hit the gas and wasnt too pleased with her. I waited till the gear reved out at the top of 3rd. All of a sudden it felt like someone hit the turbo button, and was holding on for dear life. I think i mite of shit my pants. I was in loooooove!!!!!

P.S. sorry for long storry, but i love my Shee... Hehe