Whats Going On Here ?

reas11

I'm not here to start a fight with any specific individual, but is it me or are there alot of useless posts showing up? I mean alot of kids posting the same post worded differently in ten different forums. Alot of posts posted for no reason .. now that there are alot of moderators it got out of hand faster then when there were two.. does anyone else see the same things i'm seeing or am i in my own little world? Its like noone cares anymore in what they post .anyone who doesn't see it i can show u about 300 examples ..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just click on report and tell the reason why u dont agree with the post... i have seen alot of the same post n different cat's but i can only move them from 3 different cat's... i do report the other 1's 2 the other mods tho... if its n 1 of my cat's please pm me and i will take care of it... thanx d34

I totally agree. I normally scan the posts for people looking for technical help with their Banshee's but there have been so many stupid posts about some of the same topics that are no more than 5 lines down from their post. Some people need to get the clue that there is a search function that will find the stuff your looking for. I'll give one specific post about a stupid question that can be answered oh... about anywhere on the world wide waste of time (What are TORS?). This topic was posted in the Repair and Mods section. Like I posted as a reply... do a search as there are only a ton of info about the TORS system on the web. I'll crawl back into my shop now...

I posted a newbie FAQ and it didn't go over as smoothly as I thought it would've. Anyways, There have been alot of stupid post lately (none in my forums)...but If you see a post that you don't agree w/ or it's offensive, just click the report button and a report will be sent to one of the mods in that forum.

THanks,

Mike

Not to punish all because of the actions of a few, but here's an idea I had that might calm things down.

1) Limit the number of threads a "newbie" can start to 2-3 per day. (might help them learn to use the search function or at least think about what they are going to ask)

2) Limit the number of posts a "newbie" can make to around 5 per day.

I guess you could define "newbie" as someone with 75 posts or less.

I think this will let them earn the privilage of using this great forum as a source of invaluable information and, if they are a true and solid member, I wouldn't think it would bother them. If they are here to post bullshit, it will get old being restricted.

This idea might be really flawed. What do you's guys think?

Not to punish all because of the actions of a few, but here's an idea I had that might calm things down.

1) Limit the number of threads a "newbie" can start to 2-3 per day. (might help them learn to use the search function or at least think about what they are going to ask)

2) Limit the number of posts a "newbie" can make to around 5 per day.

I guess you could define "newbie" as someone with 75 posts or less.

I think this will let them earn the privilage of using this great forum as a source of invaluable information and, if they are a true and solid member, I wouldn't think it would bother them. If they are here to post bullshit, it will get old being restricted.

This idea might be really flawed. What do you's guys think?

I think that would be a good idea BUT boonman ALSO has a good point. There just might be some top knotch folks wanting to be a part of the HQ that could genuinely help out...I got an idea of my own, how about if you see a particular member post x amount of worthless posts w/in a certain time period, or for that matter someone who has x amount of bad reports about them they get "banned" from posting. Just an idea... :unsure: What do you guys think?