Banshee launch issues

Lowroll

You hit the nail on the head Carl! There is nothing special about Chucks work. As I've mentioned in the past, he's good to fix things, suspension, clean and hone a cylinder and put fresh rings in. But he's not masterful like you guys, FAST, Resline are at building banshees! You saw first hand his port on my oem jugs, my 5 year old daughter could have done better.

One thing I always noticed is whenever I asked him about jetting, he ALWAYS SAID "your jetting is perfect, leave it alone don't touch it, just ride it and have fun"! He also told me he doesn't like adding timing, "adding timing blows up motors" that's what he told me!

I dealt with him for years, he fixed a lot of stuff for me but never built me a purposely built motor. My Honda has always been ESR and I'm just opening the banshee now... Water under the bridge..

Edited by Big Mike NY

Lol yes rob, quick story for the rest , he had a set of my jugs many yrs ago I went ask him what type of port I was getting , durations, jetting so I could have everything ready. With an 8 ball cut up on the bench a beer in his hand said all u need to know is I take metal out

• Like 2

Just got off the phone with Jeff at fast, what an awesome guy to talk to. He's getting me setup with the parts I need to get this engine back together. Cannot wait to see how it runs after this

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hell yeah! When you goin back to busco?

Maybe after a trip to the dyno to get it dialed! Hardest part is getting someone else that wants to go with a full size truck. My S10 isn't real happy towing a banshee and my girlfriends grizzly but if I had to, I could roll down on my own

Jeff got me taken care of, and he told me to go max load and tz, even on stock gears. He called crank works to confirm that it was in fact okay to do in my situation. I'm very excited to be getting back to work on my engine, also thanks to Justin for getting me gaskets and domes. Going to try to run the ones he set me up with due to being 22s vs 23

f2c7627485c5c6031a7f68f0e1d6c799.jpg

60e398534842da3277ddbfa1dc6cfa0e.jpg

Edited by Lowroll

Okay, I have the case halves together, base gaskets in, cylinders and head on. Now I have no o rings in the head for mockup so I don't accidentally damage any, running the .95 step 22cc domes Justin had cut for me (want to run a 50/50 fuel mix) so I compensated for the tighter dome with a .032 base gasket. I snagged the head on the cylinders before I torqued the jugs down so that those 3 pieces would be square to one another. I then checked the squish from left to right if you're sitting in the bike, checked both sides of each piston over top of the wrist pin. Squish reads as follows

.047 .048 .044 .043

I know the one rings will bring it up roughly 3-4 thou. With that said should I run with those numbers or swap to the .115 step 23cc domes and try again?

I just re-read this whole thread. You never gave cylinder overall heights. It would seem one has been decked down. This needs to be addressed. What happend to the piston height relative to exh port floor at bdc? Dont take this the wrong way but take it to someone with more hands on experience. You have a couple problems and a couple ways to fix them. An experienced person might see what you are missing in the big picture.

Edited by m671054

I just re-read this whole thread. You never gave cylinder overall heights. It would seem one has been decked down. This needs to be addressed. What happend to the piston height relative to exh port floor at bdc? Dont take this the wrong way but take it to someone with more hands on experience. You have a couple problems and a couple ways to fix them. An experienced person might see what you are missing in the big picture.

My calipers are too large to fit inside the cylinders so I can't accurately measure them. Only one person has had the cylinders and he did not deck them. I do know that