Popping Exhaust

04BRAAP

Good evening,

I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I recently purchased a 2002 banshee in California. I live in Arizona and its a 3K feet difference in elevation. I have not ridden it out here yet because I know I have to re jet it. I started it this afternoon for the first time here and noticed my right pipe makes a popping sound and my left pipe makes the normal riddling sound. The mods on the bike are v force reeds, pro design cool head, fmf pipes with K&N filter. I was told the compression is about 160 on both sides maybe a little less on the left. Thanks for the feed back.

Excuse my ignorance, I am new to the 2 stroke game.

its on 91 octane and mixed 40:1.  I have a 2004 Shee and that one is on 91 octane and mixed 32:1. 

I was told the bike has been sitting over the summer. Maybe the carb is gunked? just wanted to see what everyone thought before I start tearing it up and pulling my hair out. lol   

Thanks for the feed back.

I took the carbs out today, turns out it has Mikuni carbs not sure if that's stock or not. going to finish cleaning them out tomorrow. Does anyone think it may be a TORS problem?  Does anyone know what I should change my main jet to for  3500 above sea level with these type of mods? Thanks for the help its greatly appreciated.

I finally got a compression tester from harbor freight.

I warmed up the engine, pulled a plug out, and held the throttle wide open and this is the reading that I got cd6d91da46bdaea55ebd5bd9b546e52b.jpg01ba19dbff28fbe58393d1ac1e2f47c9.jpg

First picture is left side and second is the right side . I was expecting 160 lbs. anyone know what's going on here ?.

I pulled out the jets I had before (300) and went down two sizes 290. It still makes a popping sound on the right pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk