Yet Another Fuel/oil Ratio Post

The guy I got my 'shee from said to put one 16 ounce (1 pint) of Castor927 per 5 gallon of gas. What is the ratio on that? I dunno exactly but it seems a little low? The motor is stock besides bored .40 over. How much oil would you all recommend I put in per 5 gallons of gas? Or how many ounces per gallon?

Yeah I know, the fuel ratio posts are getting old. I looked at some of the other posts but just wanna be extra sure. :unsure:

read the bottle, and mix it a tad above what's recommended. If it says mix at 32:1, mix at 30:1, just to be safe. If it's still smoking a bit after it's warmed up, and the plugs look wet, then back it down some. And word of advice... when first attempting to get the ratio correct... use a ratio rite cup to help mix, don't fill the gas jug to the full 5 gallons... only 4, and bring extra spark plugs in case you foul some out. Experience teaches us well. :rolleyes:

I've never run castor927 but I hear it's good oil. I run bel-ray mc1 at 50:1 and in my opinion it is the best. Usually it tells you on the little bottle how many gallons of gas to mix with the oil and what the final ratio will be. Try to see if it's not posted on the label somewhere or visit the castrol website.

Theres nothing on the label about mixing ratios or anything. Ill check and see if they have a Ratio Rite thing when I go get the repair manual. Does 40:1 sound alright for my motor? Or should I add a tad bit extra? The plugs look dry, the tips look good, and it dosent smoke except when I get on the gas hard and it only puffs then.

On the bottle it says Caster927 hi performance 2-cycle oil (Racing Formula, premix only) <Should I look for (if it even exists) non-racing formula? The guy just told me Castor927 he didnt specify racing or not.

Thanks for all your helpfull replies! :)

Screamin--Why do you mix the ratio for five gallons of gas with only 4 gallons? When I mix my fuel I Fill the Jug to 5 Gal, I then add the amount of oil to the fuel as recommended on the bottle. The way you explained it, it sounded like you used the 5 gal ratio of oil and added it to only 4 gallons of gas. If that is true.. Do you foul out much? Sounds like the mix would be rather rich.

if you mix one pint to 4 gollons that is 32:1

if you mix one pint to 5 gallons that is 40:1

if you mix one Quart to 5 gallons that is 20:1

if you mix one gallons to one gallon that is 1:1 :)

Sorry but i had to.

I grew up on 20:1

but with todays oil's 32:1 to 40:1 are the most common ratios.

Remeber the more oil in the mix makes your jetting leaner.

I grew up on 20:1

but with todays oil's 32:1 to 40:1 are the most common ratios.

^^Maybe thats why your called oilsmoke? :lol:

But seriously thanks for tellin me the ratios like that! :)

Edited by boonman

Screamin--Why do you mix the ratio for five gallons of gas with only 4 gallons? When I mix my fuel I Fill the Jug to 5 Gal, I then add the amount of oil to the fuel as recommended on the bottle. The way you explained it, it sounded like you used the 5 gal ratio of oil and added it to only 4 gallons of gas. If that is true.. Do you foul out much? Sounds like the mix would be rather rich.

Nah, wasn't meaning 4 gallons of gas to 5 gallons worth of oil. What I meant is when you fill a 5 gallon gas can to the top, it's not only heavier and harder to shake/mix, but also wastes gas because it'll start pouring out before you get the nozzle in the tank. Now if you have one of the more expensive gas jugs such as the one's with the flexible, clear hose instead of the red/blue walmart gas cans, then you don't have to worry much about spilling gas. Gas and oil are expensive these days, so saving every little bit and making sure it gets into the tank counts.

• 2 weeks later...

400grl:

I have a question about the riding down in AZ, I could possibly be stationed at Ft. Huachuca, AZ after i get back from Iraq and am trying to decide whether or not to bring my banshee down with me. Also, I hear flagstaff AZ gets alot of snow and am deciding whether i should bring the snowmobiles down also. Can you please let me know if I would get my use there or if they would just sit in storage. It would be easier for me if you would email me at timmortensen1@hotmail.com or i will try and get back on here sometime. Thank You for the help!

Timothy~Baghdad, Iraq

Gas and oil are expensive these days, so saving every little bit and making sure it gets into the tank counts.

Hey screamin you sound like my wife. She will drive across town burning serveral gallons of gas to save a few pennies a gallon. She doesn't understand she burns more than she will save on 20 gallons of gas.

I use VP fuel jugs. Pour clan and fast, no spillage. ;) And to figure out the ratio, someone had it right. 1 gallon of fuel is equal to 128 ounces. So, just figure it out from there. For whatever amount you want to mix. 40:1 mix is 40 parts fuel, to 1 part oil. so, algebraicly (sp?) it would look something like this:

128/x=40/1

128=40x

x=3.2

so, 3.2 ounces of oil per gallon of fuel would be a 40:1 mix.

I run Klotz Super Techniplate oil at 40:1 in my bike. I also run VP C-12 fuel. But, soon will be switching to another form of fuel.....

• 1 year later...