clutch actuator arm seized

Dont know if you got it yet or if this is any help. But i had the same thing happen like 20 years ago on an old one i had. (Young and stupid sure it was my own fault:).)Mine may not have been welded as bad. And youve probably already tried the hell out of it. But i know it took awhile of lightly tapping acutator back and forth and tapping in on end of rod at clutch and it finally broke loose and luckily didnt leave any material on the end of rod at acutator so it slid right out. But that sucks if you have to split it open for that. Best of luck with it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went through this. Ball welded to adjuster, rod welded to arm. I flipped the engine and split my cases. Once the cases are split you can get to the clutch arm and get it out. We had no issues breaking the two apart and getting them out, I ordered a new ceramic ball, rod and actuator from TDR and I thin k my pancake bearing was from cascade. I cant remember, but the new setup is sweet. Now when I come off the drag strip I can pull in on my clutch worry free

Coasting at a decent rate speed with the clutch pulled in (maybe oil level plays a roll here?). The pancake bearing is a great idea but the simplest thing to do is dont pull the clutch in and coast for long distances. I dont run one (pancake bearing). Just never got around to it i guess and the most i coast with the clutch pulled in is down a hill into an idiot hole or whatever at the dunes which is a fairly slow roll 

• 2 weeks later...

okay update time... ended up having to do a complete tear down to just the cases.  throw rod was welded to the actuator as well and mushroomed over the end of the shaft .   Well that's all fixed and back together.....now having an issue with the pancake bearing (cascade)....so actuator is in when I properly adjust the clutch so the two arrows are lined up its pushing the pressure plate out too far ...and the actual adjustment screw Is too short and the jam nut wont go on.  anyone herd of that pressure plate doing that ? when its properly adjusted its like 1/4 inch gap from the pressure plate and clutch boss  

How did you fix it? Sounds like to me you got a clutch thats had some SEVERE heat damage. did you look over every piece to make sure theres no spider webbing or cracking? ie basket, boss, and pressure plate? these will be the first to grenade ( i can post pics of carnage if you'd like)

are you absoulutely sure that arms not bent since it got so hot? this is the first thing id look at.

Arm.is true and straight no spider cracks on anything. Just going home now to see if I can get it adjusted properly

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

How did you fix it? Sounds like to me you got a clutch thats had some SEVERE heat damage. did you look over every piece to make sure theres no spider webbing or cracking? ie basket, boss, and pressure plate? these will be the first to grenade ( i can post pics of carnage if you'd like)

are you absoulutely sure that arms not bent since it got so hot? this is the first thing id look at.

5fcf7d88609c5d98cb02053e610ad249.jpg696f4a78e7cc6bf59cc591031b9107b0.jpg03adac477833e8981ee7637997c2cedc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk