what type of porting.. ?

hey all, interested to know what kind of port job you would call this, all i hear is drag,dune,trail port etc but have never seen what the actual difference is. also the last photo looking into the intake is upside down, has been rotated on photobucket, but for some reason computers and stuff fucked it up bud

20150722_123800_zpsbo0gehz4.jpg

20150722_123504_zpsvfbedpe0.jpg

20150722_123640_zpsfee9asgj.jpg

If its a cub, likely for drag racing. Prob need to see if exhaust port has been raised to see if its real aggressive.

its a serval cyl

Measurements would be nice

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

measurments from where to where?

Edited by Craig_b

If it's a serval, it "should" be more like a trail/dune set up. That doesn't look like it had to much done, but it's got work in all the right spots. Post photos of the exhaust inside and out, and the transfers and intake inside I possible. They don't need much material moved to make them shine if done by someone who knows what they're doing.

is that your ported serval from KaN

yeah, im interested in how it will run, and interested to know how aggressive or not it is etc

Measurements from top of cyl to top of ports in MM.

no worrys ill sort that and get back

Why are you asking people here? Im sure Kan can tell you all you need to know.

I just have a feeling you're clueless.

more interested to see what other serval port jobs look like to see how this compares really. im no expert on them

more interested to see what other serval port jobs look like to see how this compares really. im no expert on them

I've only seen the inside of one serval that was definitely done by a reputable shop. There really wasn't much done to get it to really shine. Transfers were just barely tweaked as was the exhaust. Everything else was just kinda cleaned up and chamfered. They are casted so damn well from the get go they really don't need much work. They aren't like stock cyls where you see guys working every nook an cranny.

I've only seen the inside of one serval that was definitely done by a reputable shop. There really wasn't much done to get it to really shine. Transfers were just barely tweaked as was the exhaust. Everything else was just kinda cleaned up and chamfered. They are casted so damn well from the get go they really don't need much work. They aren't like stock cyls where you see guys working every nook an cranny.

This. The exhaust shape ,transfer aiming and very importantly, dome design is what separates the "average " motors from the "well sorted" motors.