To much oil = lean condition?

Ive been told that running to much oil in your gas will result in a lean condition. I was just curious if anybody has ever seen this, theoretically it can be true because you physically have less gas and more oil. However, in my opinion if you have that much oil the cylinders wouldn't even heat up to cause any damage due to the extreme amount of oil let alone run at all. I have always double mixed my first gallon of gas in a new engine and never had any problems. Just curious cause I just built my friends banshee and he freaked out when I told him that it was mixed 16:1. 

I'm freakin out n it aint even my ride. holy cow dude, a rich 32:1 is plenty for break-in. you dont havta go full retard.

im guessing you wont ride it at 16:1, thats practically blowin oil out the pipes, sludge in the case, fouling plugs mix right there 

to answer your question, its not technically lean, it just wont have enough gas to run because youve replaced it with oil. you need the correct mix before you go talking lean or rich.

its a shame this site is full of bullshit bad info like this. if i didnt know any better i'd swear i was on thumpertalk

are you a 2yo boy and need someone to hold your hand every moment ? mix up some 16:1 and youll see that nothing in gravels post was even remotely accurate

When are you gonna post pics of the dyno sheets for your badass builds? Or post any proof of your shit at all? 16:1 isn't gonna be bad? Idk what you're smokin but it must be good to think that mix ratio is anything other than bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16:1 is asinine, end of story.  I am curious about the heart of the question though.  Lets say 32:1 vs 50:1, is there merit to the theory more oil is leaner?  40:1 all day everyday in my banshees, R's and CR's has treated me well but I ride with a handful of owners with modded quads that fun 50:1 due to this theory.