Does this look like good port work?

jeff n

I've got 2 shees, the mostly stock one is good. My 4mil with a new ported and milled top end just melted the left plug 1&1/2 tanks in on a easy break in. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen when a shop did all the work and install and was cleared for break in.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Switch that single carb set up.

sent from yo mammy house

I'm gonna. It was on when I got it. Everything I've read and heard 2 into 1s suck and even more so the trinity is the worst. Just waiting for a good deal. But all that aside with bansheehq and her, I was able to get it tuned pretty good, I think. Pulled on my buddy 1-4 but he had me in 5th&6th. But now that it's ported, back to square one.

How do you define a "good" port job? How it looks .....or how it runs?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Well yeah.... But a good machinist should have some pride and quality to their work and it should not look cobbled. I think it's totally possible for a weird looking set of cylinders to run nice, but in the 15 years I've played with these things, if it looks like shit, it usually is.
  • Like 1

I've seen some pretty raggedy port jobs run real strong.

Also some of the most chewed up shift drums and overrides shifted the best.

Also, what we have here is a completely clueless OP, ,,who , from what I've gathered from all his other posts,is almost LOOKING for a reason to gripe about what his builder did. (Reference the "no oil in transmission " thread)

So all I'm saying is "if it runs good, run it",,,, fast don't always have to look good,,and looking good isn't always fast.

• Like 1

I've seen some pretty raggedy port jobs run real strong.

Also some of the most chewed up shift drums and overrides shifted the best.

Also, what we have here is a completely clueless OP, ,,who , from what I've gathered from all his other posts,is almost LOOKING for a reason to gripe about what his builder did. (Reference the "no oil in transmission " thread)

So all I'm saying is "if it runs good, run it",,,, fast don't always have to look good,,and looking good isn't always fast.

one of the prettiest ported set of cylinders i owned was the biggest pile of shit.

I'm not looking for someone to tell me it's the builders fault but between my 2 bikes and my buddies motor this shop has done a lot of work and so far nothing has went right or on time, took 6 weeks for new top end and port job, my other bike was only getting ported and ended up getting bored out also so I had to buy new post one to match new bore, and more. Being new to this stuff I'm trying to get as much info on lots of things as I can. I have started a few new post ask lots of questions about lots of things. With as many problems as there have been from the beginning it's hard to believe that I am the cause of them all. But if I'm getting the shaft I want to know if I can. Also if all these things are all my fault then the truth would suck and hurt but it would be the truth and an expensive lesson learned. Just trying to learn to be able to better form my own opinions.