Does this look like good port work?

jeff n

They look fine, should make some good power with them.  Intake side always look like shit, its to keep the afm turbulent. usually the uglier it is, the better they perform.

I don't think equating an ugly intake with more power is a good rule of thumb to pass around.  You can create turbulence with a symmetrical and decently finished port. 

looks pretty haggard, yeh durations are the key but a good port job should be clean and symmetrical. if its not symmetrical then durations would be slightly off from each other or all together.  and the rough texture for atomization should still be symmetrical and clean but just with a roughish texture instead of smooth like the exhaust.

this is a decent looking portjob and ran real good too.

1501845_10152073375022002_1285903331_n.j

1521766_10152121886497002_64534575_n.jpg

1470380_10152073375547002_1589823099_n.j

Jsr. Not sure what durations are, never heard of that.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

That looks nothing like any of the JSR work I have seen. Are we talking the same company in Kansas, EFI , pikes peak , john Stallworth? Because that looks like it is definitely someone still in their learning curve..... An imposter?
  • Like 1

They look fine, should make some good power with them.  Intake side always look like shit, its to keep the afm turbulent. usually the uglier it is, the better they perform.

Not necessarily. I bead blast my stuff when im done so its smooth..

It doesnt need to look like someone ran a chisel over it to prevent puddling. 

How do you define a "good" port job? How it looks .....or how it runs?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Until he tells us how it runs, it's based off of looks.

Sent from over there.

It was faster than the stock shees I've ridden but did it run the way a proper built, ported and tuned 4mil should? Couldn't tell ya. I've never had one.

If you're happy with the performance that's all that matters. What other mods do you have? Reeds, pipes, carbs?

sent from yo mammy house

I've got 2 shees, the mostly stock one is good. My 4mil with a new ported and milled top end just melted the left plug 1&1/2 tanks in on a easy break in. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen when a shop did all the work and install and was cleared for break in.