Found mods i didnt know the shee had.

Back in May I bought a banshee of a guy on craigslist and I was aware of the mods he told me he made (simple bolt on). after running it I found it had some issues and posted a question about jetting thinking it was the issue. After doing a leak down and compression test, it only failed the compression test. I decided to do a top end rebuild and found some things the guy didn't mention as i took it apart.

it has:

Toomey T6's

Noss performance cool head with 19 cc domes

28 mm Mikuni carbs main jets 295

with uni filters no airbox

then I came across the Hot Rod crank (H.R. 204/ C.K.158 with 115mm rods so im assuming long rods) i wasn't aware of...I tried to get a hold of the guy to ask some more questions, what he was going for to get an idea of what I need to buy for the rebuild but he never returned my calls or texts

so my questions are:

what was he going for?

how many cc's does the banshee sit at?

does anything sound wrong with the set up i need to correct?

what pistons should i get and how to tell which pistons are for long rods and short rod?

sorry for all the questions i just want to do it right..thanks in advance

If it was me I'd pull it all the way down. Inspect everything, take good pics, post them here and then listen to what the people who know what they are talking about guide you. If there is nothing wrong in the bottom end it cost you 19 bucks for sealant and 13.99 for a case of beer while you do it. If there is something wrong it saves you thousands in parts and hundreds in beer.

• Like 2

If it was me I'd pull it all the way down. Inspect everything, take good pics, post them here and then listen to what the people who know what they are talking about guide you. If there is nothing wrong in the bottom end it cost you 19 bucks for sealant and 13.99 for a case of beer while you do it. If there is something wrong it saves you thousands in parts and hundreds in beer.

I agree!

Good advice from the CEO of GMI.

Thanks you guys. I'm in the process of a complete break down when I come across some free time..so far I just came across everything I mentioned..I wasn't aware that mikuni jets came in increments of 10 but as soon as I figure out how to resize a picture I will begin posting pictures. It keeps saying files are too big to upload.

Edited by Roo-ease

No idea what the brand those pistons are I'm assuming still oem they are 64mm pistons and the top of the pistons are completely charred and have a strange dimple/pit i have never seen been done to a piston..the pins are still in just too far in to where they are serving their purpose. .yeah fresh bore coming up..yeah probably the reason why the guy never returned my calls 4c05656e33dc5a0a69d9987f12ad4232.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Haha yeah that's true..earlier I said I thought the pistons were stock but after scraping away the carbon build up on the left piston I came across the numbers on the top 795M06450..so I got that they are 795 series for a long rod crank is the 6450 part mean the piston is actually a 64.50 mm because my caliper is showing a straight 64.00 they aren't the best calipers but what do you guys think?0a7f8ff30e8d7c75344fe0aeb2969d49.jpg31f77197cd33fc923b08cea9b7305566.jpg5f8fdc4069cbc5f45f16818a3dc9205a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk