The circlip for the idler. I may have to get a new idler gear because mine seems wore out and has play in it. Unless there is a bearing in the idler I can replace. Again this is my first iime splitting cases on a banshee. I'm replacing everything I see or think needs replaced.

Thanks for the help Gravel!

You can mush the bronze bushing out of the gear and replace it with a steel bushing from FAST. Make sure to use a new clip on install.

Trickedcarbine I'm just ordering a new idler gear from the Yamaha factory for 55. Along with the washers and a new clip. Along with a new crank key because the old one was split in half.

98_sheester I will take lots of pictures! I got my shee with out ever hearing her run. When that day comes in a week or two, due to money and shipping, it'll be a glorious day! I'll share a video of first time for in it up on here if I can. And thanks but I got a good mechanic with fast return time.

I actually talked to my mechanic today. Cleaned I was at 64.85mm for the jug, so I'm ordering 65mm pistons from wiesco this week. Once I get them he will finish my jugs.

I also brought in my cases and crank when I talked to him today. He examined the crank and said everything is fine with the crank that he would use it.

He examined the case that I was worried about, due to the damage on it. He said its fine, the reason that they must have had to rebuild it last time was from a rod bearing going out.

Do you think I should just use my crank I have or use the one I just ordered?

I ordered a used crank from a legit dealer. Anything I need to do to either of these cranks in order to use them? Or should I return it and get a trued and welded rebuild crank for like $60 more?

Trickedcarbine I'm just ordering a new idler gear from the Yamaha factory for 55. Along with the washers and a new clip. Along with a new crank key because the old one was split in half.

98_sheester I will take lots of pictures! I got my shee with out ever hearing her run. When that day comes in a week or two, due to money and shipping, it'll be a glorious day! I'll share a video of first time for in it up on here if I can. And thanks but I got a good mechanic with fast return time.

I actually talked to my mechanic today. Cleaned I was at 64.85mm for the jug, so I'm ordering 65mm pistons from wiesco this week. Once I get them he will finish my jugs.

I also brought in my cases and crank when I talked to him today. He examined the crank and said everything is fine with the crank that he would use it.

He examined the case that I was worried about, due to the damage on it. He said its fine, the reason that they must have had to rebuild it last time was from a rod bearing going out.

I ordered a used crank from a legit dealer. Anything I need to do to either of these cranks in order to use them? Or should I return it and get a trued and welded rebuild crank for like $60 more?

Who's the legit dealer? You said your mechanic checked your crank out, and said it's good. If your going cheap on a crank...........your destined for future problems.

sent from yo mammy house

Good i like pics but if you happen to wanna get rid of one of those cranks let me know too

He examined the crsnk thoroughly. He builds motors for a living I trust his word. Best around here.

What makes the crank true and welded? And what's the difference?

I can return the crank and get a trued and welded and a fresh rebuild for like $80 more.

I havent received my crank in the mail yet.

I have a list together of everything I need to get the motor running, but I'm also installing a new water pump and radiator.

Part. Cost.

Crank. 230

Piston kit. 310

OEM random parts and bolts and such 135

Radiator and hoses 90

Water pump kit with metal spindal 80

Kick starter 85

Look about right?

I can get a trued and welded crank for like 300

And hell your not insulting me. I'm new that's why I wanted to join this place. I want to build my motor and it last ten years or so. Thanks for the help again guys. This place is helping me with my build a lot more than you probably know lol

The crank is a low hour OEM crank taking out of a perfectly running banshee. Like 80 sold and he has a good record of banshee parts for like 6 years it says.

Who?

sent from yo mammy house