hole shot bog problem

jscharphorn

I am not taking these guys word on it, only getting the suggestions.

shawn said the plug chop I did on it yesterday with a 170 main said it is still a tad lean  I did one with a 168 also and you could not see any color on it so the next one is a 172

But when switching to DEK needles will that change it as well ?

If you look on sudcos website the 33pwk stock uses a bigger main then the 35 and 39 so a lot of these guys are comparing the 33 with the 35 and 39

Edited by jscharphorn

I am not taking these guys word on it, only getting the suggestions.

So you're getting suggestions that you're going to ignore?

Guys are saying you're fat, the builder is saying you're lean. ...who you going to listen to?

If you melt it down by going against what the guy who built the motor says, are you going to blame him?

If you don't take these guys suggestions, aren't you just wasting their time?

See where I'm going?

I suggest you call Shawn and figure the problem out, let HIM find what's going on. That's what you paid him for.

What the hell are you talking about, you better re read every post I made.

and on top of it who says it is even carb related ? so I am getting suggestions from memebers if you do not want to offer a suggestion you know what you can do with yourself.

I offered the best suggestion you got in this thread ( based on your skill level).

Some people can't be helped I guess.

Yup your suggestion did not go unheard, I ordered a lock up and if you followed my posts you will see when the bike was being dropped off at shawns, so I am confused about your last remarks.

No problem.

All I'm saying is you have the BEST man at your disposal to help you with YOUR/his motor.

Call him up and say " Shawn, this thing is a bog bucket...here's my setup, gearing, ties,etc. Should it be this way? " .

He should know what his motor should jet to. He should know the HP& TQ he's expecting and at what rpm. He should know what gearing and tires it should pull.

If your setup falls within what he thinks it should do without bogging, THEN he would rule all that out and start trouble shooting ignition, etc.

But don't you see that HE'S the guy to ask,,because HE should know HIS stuff?

All you're doing at this point is second guessing the guy who should know best.

• Like 1

He did not totally build this motor, I purchased it used, he tore it apart and fixed all the wrong crap in it and reassembled it, if that makes a difference, I asked on here before he could look at it so I was trying to trouble shoot it while I was waiting for a open spot with him.

He has it now.

He did not totally build this motor, I purchased it used, he tore it apart and fixed all the wrong crap in it and reassembled it, if that makes a difference, I asked on here before he could look at it so I was trying to trouble shoot it while I was waiting for a open spot with him.

He has it now.

For some reason I thought it was Currie motorsports that redid the motor. My mistake. I don't know anything about proformance prototypes.

all that crap your saying, I said you better reread my posts, definitely do not want to listed to your suggestions, you do not even know whats going on. LOL

The fact still remains that the guy who you chose to redo the engine SHOULD be the guy to properly answer your questions about said motor. Which PROVES you need to buy clues.

Note to self:

Dont expect much logic from some of these guys.

Buy a clue, you need to buy a clue, It is my motor and I can try and trouble shoot it first if I wish, if I blow it up then that is my problem.

I never said it was carb issues, I only posted what the motor was and everyone else just about said carb jets too big.

DAF ^

I can assemble and diagnose my own stuff, thanks.

Hope your builder can sort it out for you,because it's obvious your incapable of jetting your stuff, or checking your ignition system, or bolting a motor together.

Carry on my dimwitted friend.