Filters

When I first got my bike, I was skeptical that I could run open K&N pods and not end up sucking mud and water in but I took everyone's advice and the outerwears have done well to this point at keeping what little mud and water I can't avoid out of my engine but, this past weekend, it was dry and dusty (red clay here in GA) and by the end of the day my slides stuck WFO a few times. I cleaned the filters and carbs and it solved the problem but there was definitely some fine dust particles getting past my K&N's that caused the sticking despite beginning the day with clean/well oiled filters

Now I know foam filters are better for fine dust and I've seen the Uni pods available. My question is, what site sponsors sell them and, is there a such thing as a outerwear for a foam pod? Even in dry/dusty conditions, I occasionally cross a creek or splash through a puddle and the paranoia of water in my engine still lingers in the back of my mind. Suggestions please

Regular outterwear will work for the foam filters. Just go on uni filter site, go under clamp ons and find what size you need. Get the part # and buy from amazon. Do same with outterwears. Get the dual stage uni filter. Hands down best filter out there for dusty conditions.

Cool, thanks special06. I'm sure I don't have to elaborate on just how terrifying it is to have a Shee stick the throttle WFO, especially in trails with plenty of trees around to break your neck on.

Sheerider - do you ride in red clay? Maybe dust is dust but I swear this shit is so fine it's ridiculous. Isn't the general consensus that foam does better in dusty conditions?

Sheerider - do you ride in red clay? Maybe dust is dust but I swear this shit is so fine it's ridiculous. Isn't the general consensus that foam does better in dusty conditions?

Clay no. I ride in pretty dusty stuff. But nothing like a dust bowl. I had foam and chucked them after 2 rides.

In any real dusty environment your gonna have to clean ANY filter ever ride or two. The coal region is the worst place to ride as far as dust/dirt. Uni filter are far superior to k&n for protection in fine dusty shit.

I recently been using a s&b filter with s&b oil on my turbo bike with good results thus far. But first sign of any dirt getting past, its in the garbage and back to uni.

• Like 1

There's dust, and there's Silt..... Coal, dry clay, certain desert areas make silt, not dust. And no K&N is stopping silt. Period.

Yeah, this is silt then.  It's just too fine for the paper filters.   Gonna order up some foam pods before my next outing

Hey guys, been too busy to get these ordered.  Forgive my "dumb question" but I don't have access to my bike to measure anything and don't want to order the wrong shit. I have stock 26 mm Mikuni's and want to be sure that "26mm" refers to the intake opening on the back of the carbs that the filter clamps onto.   If so, that's roughly 1 inch and all I can find for 26 mm / 1 inch ID dual stage Uni pods are 76 mm length.  That's only 3" long.  I don't think I want to run that small of a filter

Can anyone tell me the model # Uni Pods they are running on 26mm carbs? 

26mm is the ID of the throttle of the carb. Don't order filters for 26mm.

I learn something every day!  Thanks Zilla

Anyone know what ID pod filter I need?  I see some suggestions on the web that I need UP5182 which is a 1 3/4 ID & 5 inch length.  It doesn't appear to be a dual stage filter though