Topend rebuild

What you need to do is adjust the slide stop screws/idle screws. That's the screws with locknuts on. It will raise the slide a hair.

Ok I adjusted the slide stop screws they are both out three turns . This is what is doing now :https://vimeo.com/132992476 . This is what I sounds like . Help please!!!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Well idk it starts and then if I dont give it gas it dies and sounds like it is sucking air . This is with the choke pulled out air box on and lid off. I also have the fuel screws out three turns and the idle screws out one and a half turns . I have 280 mains and 27.5 pilots . I trid to upload a picture but idk what the deal is . Thanks in advance for all the help guys !!!

What's the pics of/for? I can never tell much by vids because of my hearing.

One thing that jumps out is that you have to tune with how you will be running it. Lid off might not make much difference on idle circut, but then again, why chance it, jmho.

Slide stops have no set "number" they set to where you want your idle speed. If you can feel when they touch slide, adjust so both are same. Air screw starts at 1 1/2 out from lightly seated, then tune from there.

Mini vaca was nice.

If your lid is on put the 250 mains back in, your carb bodies arnt trimmed enouph for the idle screws to work properly, if I were you I would trim the carb bodies a lil more , order a vacuum guage (there cheap) then adjust idle screws til it pulls around 4-5 cfm , make sure your slides are pulling equally.

This is what the pics were for because sleeper06 said the idle screw body mite need trimmed .

What's the pics of/for? I can never tell much by vids because of my hearing.

One thing that jumps out is that you have to tune with how you will be running it. Lid off might not make much difference on idle circut, but then again, why chance it, jmho.

Slide stops have no set "number" they set to where you want your idle speed. If you can feel when they touch slide, adjust so both are same. Air screw starts at 1 1/2 out from lightly seated, then tune from there.

Mini vaca was nice.

Ok my buddy stopped by and I had him help me out a little bit . We got it idleing now and got everything adjusted so I think I am going to put new plugs in and take it for a ride . Then do a plug chop when I get back . What do you think ?

Oh and also something I was wondering now that I have done all that work . Did I really need to change my jets because I didnt upgrade anything ? All I did was bored it 60 over with new pistons and some other new misc parts . Also do you think I should take the mix in the fuel back down to 32:1 ? I am running it at 40:1 now because when I got the bike thats what he said he was running ."caster 927". Thanks again for all your help guys!!!

Going from 40:1 to 32:1 will lean the fuel a hair.

Mix ratio is as debateable as which oil to burn or use in trans.

Yea I hear ya . Im going to have to do a little more tweaking . I had my air filter off when we adjusted the idle screws so I could see the slides and such . So when I put it back on now it obviously wont idle like it is supposed to .

• 1 month later...

Ok guys I finally did get everything tuned in and took the shee for a little ride . It ran good thru all the gears on the way up but then on the way back as I down shifted to third and second it backfired and stalled . I took it about a quarter of a mile or so with new plugs . Here is a pic of the chop . What do y'all think?122611b63914bb8fcdaed033f50167d6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...