Topend rebuild

Yeah, what are your mods? Do you have pipes, reeds, air box, what's your elevation etc.? Sounds like you are running stock jets if I'm not mistaken. If you have any mods, I'd say you are way lean. Makes sense that choking it gets it to crank too. If the bike runs better with the choke on, I'd think you are lean

• Like 1

Ok it has a dmc exhaust k &n air filter with stock airbox and lid the reeds are aftermarket I am pretty sure I just dont know what brand . They are like a orange color and look like kinda plastic . Elevation is anywhere from 1000 to 1400 above sea level . Again I did a top end rebuild and cleaned the carbs replaced the float needle and seat and main needles in both carbs . Again my main jet is 250 and pilot is 25 . Thanks again guys for the help . I am so close to having the girl back up and running it is killing me .

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Ok I guess im gonna have to order them . I went to tht local morgantown powersports and they give me the wrong ones and said that they was the only ones they had . Also said that they wouldnt give me my money back if I threaded them in . But I found the rite ones on P.J. motorsports .com . So I will give you a update as soon as I get them in . Thanks again for the all the help !!

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried that but it does the same thing . It acts like it dont want to start even with the choke unless you give it just a slight bit of throttle . I really do appreciate all the help guys . I guarantee this bike wouldn't start at all if it wouldnt have been for all the info I have got from this site .

Ok I changed the needle clip back to the middle and played around a little with the air and fuel screws but it wont start without a little throttle . It also wont stay running without the throttle . And the choke doesnt help . It acts like it wants to start if you use the choke but then once you get it running it does nothing . Help please !! I cant wait to test out the top end rebuild !!

Yes I did try that it did not work . But I tore everything back apart and did the leak down again and it was leaking by the boost bottle . So I fixed that and now I am going to try it again tomorrow . Thanks for the help guys and I will keep you posted !!

Yes I did try that it did not work . But I tore everything back apart and did the leak down again and it was leaking by the boost bottle . So I fixed that and now I am going to try it again tomorrow . Thanks for the help guys and I will keep you posted !!

So, what did you have to replace to fix the b bottle leak?