Topend rebuild

Ok so I have been on BH for a couple weeks now . I have been looking around and doing some research . I have just bored my stock cylinders .60 over and my carbs were overflowing so I found that problem and fixed it . Got everything put back together and know it wont start . It seemed like it fired the first time I kicked it and then it seemed like it lost fire . By the way the reason I had to get the cylinders bored over was the piston must have been on its way out when I got the bike and I finished it off . So there you have it any help or suggestions would be appreciated .

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I did not know that about the float bowls . I did have the carbs all apart and cleaned them and changed the needles out because one was bent. Thanks I will check it out and I will check the crossover tube but im pretty sure I connected it back .

Ok im going to go take them apart and check the bowls now . I have checked the slides when I first put them back in from reading on the threads but the slide on the choke side "left side" has cutouts on front and back. Is that normal ?

Ok both of the floats just have the number 20 on both of them . Both of them on the left float . By the way I did change the float needle and seat and bent the tabs up a little on the floats when I was trying to solve the overflowing problem

Ok I will measure the floats . I forgot to mention that the reason I had to bore the cylinders over is because the piston broke off level with the skirts . I was riding on the main road kinda fast and pulled off to go offroading and it just died . So I figured out it was the piston and it was broke somewhat for a while because the rings where melted into the piston. But the bottom end is good I have checked it out .

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I did the leak down and everything was decent but everything is good now . So I put my carbs and airbox back on and it wont start . My idle screws are both out 1 1/2 turns and I just cleaned and replaced my air filter . If I take the airbox off and flood the carbs with my hand it will fire up and idle perfect .

I am using 25 pilots and and 250 mains . It will start with the air box off and flooding the carbs with my hand with the choke pulled half way out . It will stay running and actually sounds pretty good but when I push the choke in it dies