Aftermarket frames for 250r and stock geometry

I'm in the process of completely building a bike from scratch. I have a stock 2003 chassis, it just needs a tab clean up and powder coat if I decide to use it. It's getting a 10 mil super serval cub for 40% mx/trails and 60% open fields/drags. I did some investigating with LSR and got a hold of them. Their stock geometry MX frames are about $2400. I asked the guy what's so special about them to have them valued at such a price. All he had to say was their made out of 4140 steel or some bull crap so they're stronger then original. That didn't sell me at all. From what he told me to, they don't build the 250r based frames anymore. So I have a few questions for BHQ.

1. For my riding style, is it even worth the $ to get an aftermarket frame?

2. If it's worth it, what company can give me the best bang for my buck?

3. 250r geometry frames. Can anyone tell me a little bit more about them? How do they handle?

4. Who makes the high valued 250r frame for us?

Thanks

Lone star and Laegers made the 250r style frames. There aren't many out there and it sounds like neither is making new ones although it comes up a lot. I just don't think they are able to get people to pay what they want so they choose to not produce them.

There are a few folks that have just lopped the front end off their bikes and done them with a much more appropriate geometry. SNT did chromoly on the front end, Domestic Beotch and I cut one and re used as much as we could from stock parts but just altered placement on everything. The358banshee did a full Chromoly frame and it was tits! It just showed the reason why companies want so much money for it. Lots of work if it's done right.

If you google "250r frame bansheehq", "laeger protrax bansheehq", or "Lone Star Outlaw bansheehq", I'll bet it gives you just about every thread on them here. In my opinion, if you're asking if you would need one, the answer is probably no. Any one riding serious enough would know. Now WANTING, that's different. They are worth the money if you got it and intend on riding a lot really hard. Other alternative would be to do a 450 swap. Look in the yfz hybrid section.

I gotta +4 turbo chassis swinger w/ works suspension all around, they're getting sent out soon for rebuild. I'm not really impressed for the turbo chassis appearance. I mean its clean, black, and not stock so I guess I cant complain. I like those chrome ones advertised on here by fireball. Not sure what brand the A-arms I have now are, but they are chromed out and definitely wide. Maybe I should get the chrome fireball to match! One step at a time.

Haven't seen anyone complain about Turbo Chassis products, from what Ive seen everyone seems to be happy with his stuff.  Ive never seen anything of his in person so I can't comment.  But it seems your only complaint is the "look" of it.  Well if you think you'd be happier with Fireball then throw your current swing arm up for sale and purchase a Fireball.

I have Fireball LT arms and Fireball +4 Swing Arm.  Roger was a good dude to deal with and he builds a heavy duty swinger.  I don't think a bus could damage it.  For my application and riding style it was a little over kill in comparison to what he built me for my other bike with a stock length swing arm.

I run Axis shocks on my bike.  Like you I did a full rebuild and went with a 4 mil serval and upgraded my suspension setup on a cleaned up stock frame.

Upgrading my suspension was by far the best decision I made.  You see lots of people on here that want to go fast but want to do it on cheap suspension.

I now am a firm believer in upgrading your suspension to get the full enjoyment of your chosen power plant without being beat to death.

• Like 1

Turbo Chassis mainly builds drag racing parts. That said, they do customer swingarm builds. I have two myself.

If you want MX style/capable parts, then Fireball hands down builds the best products for the money.

They also build many other vendors parts, who then slap their own sticker on them.

Give Roger at Fireball a call and talk to him. He's super easy to talk to and can get you going in the right direction.

559-324-9533

Tell him you got the info from BansheeHQ.

Erik, aka Laegereliminator on here is a great resource on this topic. He built his protrax from scratch. I'm planning on doing one specifically for mx as well. I jump the shit out of my current bike with a +4 on dirt and it flies like a dream. Gyro in the air is all about suspension setup and brake and throttle control. Cornering is where it fails. There are a few other guys pretty serious about 250r geo frames on here. Depending how busy they are, power in numbers might get a run going.

• Like 1