Banshee 10" Handlebar lightbar.

For replacing your 7" hids, give a serious look at the vision x light cannons. I have the 4.5" 25 watt ones mounted in stock location and they are plain silly bright and throw father than I can clearly see to.

The building is about 200 yards away for reference. This is 2 25 watt light cannons with just clear covers (10° spot beams) and two 10 watt vision x solstice leds (one spot, one euro) on the bars.

5A5E5B83-orig_zps94a2b254.jpg

CE19E2DE-orig_zps82f01361.jpg

Pics of set up now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm probably going to end up replacing the 7" HID's to further cut back power draw, the baja designs ones are very similar to the light cannons, but newer as well, not sure which is better as they don't sell vision-x at my local store.  the 7" Hids will still throw farther though, I believe I can easily double or  maybe tripple that distance, which again isn't practical for liughting up the path in front of you, but excellent for spotting that far away dune you want to hit.  The light i have o the bars now should be a little brighter than 2 of those, and a little more floody.

I might get those light canons, or the baja designs ones, but both are too damn expensive....

Baja designs similar version, http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=480003WT

Assuming you have the smaller ones, the larger ones draw too much power but would be bad ass :)

http://www.visionxusa.com/product/led/6-7-50-watt-led-light-cannon/

Edited by Justintoxicated

Ahh n/m I was mixing them up with the optimus duals, 

the smaller light cannons look like the ticket, still damn pricy though, 2x the prive of my light bar that produces twice the light.  Still they would be a good replacement!

Those 4.5" ones would mount up to my lightbar so easy it's n ot even funny

http://www.visionxusa.com/product/automotive/4-5-25-watt-led-light-cannon/

the 7" Hid's will still probably throw farther though, they have the advantage of not having the bulb all the way at the base of the reflector, and at this size they are nearly as efficient as LED.  Still no warm up time, and less power over the HIDs would be nice (saves me another 10 watts and leaves me at exactly 100! which the 200 watt stator and large battery should have no problems with)

Snapped this on my way out the door, early morning lighting was difficult so excuse the quality.

16794666331_3f5e66d630_c.jpgLight bar install by Glamisduner, on Flickr

Guess it is 15 LED's not 18, sorry for any confusion that caused.

Edited by Justintoxicated
  • Like 1

Pics of set up now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was before I made the mount for the little solstice lights on my bars. The two of them sit on the front side of my bars, you get the idea. I bought the light cannons new but open box on ebay for $300 shipped.

When I get the bike off the pallet rack in a couple weeks I'll snap a better, non fuzzy picture. A arms are black now too instead of multi color for the nit pickers here.

9B98947F-orig_zpsa5a00ab2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey OP, you get a chance to run that 10" light bar yet?

How you like it?

I'm looking at mounting that exact light in the stock location.

I saw the videos you posted and I agree, the driving pattern is by far the best!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a clearer shot with the bike on the rack. Had to take handlebars loose to get it on the shelf that was open without emptying shelf above to raise it haha. 

Did you have to modify anything to install these lights. I like your setup and I think I am going to get those lights