Porting before an after much difference?

Yo so I got a stock stroke stock cylinder banshee an eventually I want to get my cylinders ported.

How much of a difference can you expect from a port job from say that Jeff guy at fast?

Does anybody have any comparisons from before an after a port job?

An does porting change the reliability of the bike?

Your looking at about 20 hp difference. Shitya!

As long as it is jetted properly it will not hurt reliability but consider having the crank trued and welded to keep Iit from separating.

• Like 1

Your looking at about 20 hp difference. Shitya!

As long as it is jetted properly it will not hurt reliability but consider having the crank trued and welded to keep Iit from separating.

20hp just from a port job? Cause I got a stock head pc pipes hot rods crank it ain't welded though an some pro x pistons I think it's jetted ok what kind of hp you think I would be at now?

A cool head with some domes an a portjob an maybe some new pipes should be way faster then

If it where myself doing the build, I'd put a coolhead, some vforce reeds, a timing plate, some pods first, depending apon what type of riding you do. 

Edited by pp13bnos
  • Like 1

If it where myself doing the build, I'd put a coolhead, some vforce reeds, a timing plate, some pods first, depending apon what type of riding you do.

So you recommend that before porting? I just bought a knn pro flow kit I run with no lid, I ride pretty hard would a pod fall off?

Do you think I'd even notice a difference with a cool head an some reeds though

Porting is the equivalent of putting good heads and a cam on a LS based car/truck motor. The gains are well worth it and will put you in front of any bolt on bike, granted you set it up correct. It takes a total package to really get the full benefits.

Porting is the equivalent of putting good heads and a cam on a LS based car/truck motor. The gains are well worth it and will put you in front of any bolt on bike, granted you set it up correct. It takes a total package to really get the full benefits.

Well I'm buying some cylinders an a cool head off phelps next week an I'm going to get him to send the cylinders off to a site sponsor for porting.maybe Jeff at fast dune play port? What else should I invest in to get the full benefits.

-Have that hot rods crank welded.

-Get that head re chambered, if it's a cool head, have domes made by whoever ports it.

-reeds

-quality filter set up

- maybe an upgrade in carbs, but stockers are fine for what you're doing.

-go through the bottom end and make sure Everything on the clutch side is fresh.

-seriously consider a trans and at a minimum basic shift mods.

• Like 2