New Banshee,what now

Hello to all! This looks like a great place! I just picked up a ridiculous clean 06 SP Banshee. Looks like it might have a few hours on it. It does have pro circuit pipes, jet kit and everything else cosmetically possible. This is my first quad in the last 10 years but I have been riding my piped ported Cr250r from hell so I am used to something a little faster.

So my questions come. I see all kinds of mods and I do not want to waste money. I know a good port job is in order to wake her up but where would I be wasting money? Who's good at porting Banshees?

I come to the experienced to keep from buying one:)

Top end has never been done so now might be the time to take a look.

What about 4+ timeing? Head domes or milling? Reed cages? Carbs etc

It is for farm field and the beach. Not looking for top speed just more power. The tires on the rear are 18" stock is 20"

Thanks to all in advance

On a phone no pics. What bolt on are you talking? I figured head about 250. Porting 400 Pistons 250 I do the labor. Am I way off? What size domes? Already has pipes and filter. Maybe mill the carbs?

I personally feel porting should be part of a total rebuild. Reason being, if you go through with porting and head work, that poor crank probably wouldn't last long. Then next season all the work you just did needs a rebuild when the crank goes bang. If you are ok with splitting the cases and at least pulling the stock crank and sending it with your jugs to be trued and welded then go for it. But to just port and toss a fresh top end on, you're asking for trouble.

I have split cases on a cr80 and a rm60. This is a bigger job but I think I can, I think I can! Who can port them, and true and weld the crank? Would it be better to do that to a new crank? Without sticking me sideways?

Banshee cases are by far one of the easiest cases to split. Most other stuff is sideways, these you just lift off the top. Trans is two clusters with bearings on each end, and then there is the crank. Plus some clips to hold the bearings.