Building Athena engine, need input

Pritchard

Current mods on a 03 Banshee;

40mm radiator with billet impeller. +4 Timing, vforce4 reeds, running on 93oct with 20:1klotz. Stock carbs with 290jets and pod filters. Stock pistons, crank & trans. Wanting to install the 392 Athena kit; jugs, pistons, head, ect. 

What carb setup will give me the most power with the 392 kit with pod filters?

What else can I do to make more power besides going to alcy or a cub engine?

Thanks in advance guys for your time and input. I respect what you have to say so lets do it to others. Thanks.

what he said ^ from what i have been told is the athenna's come with lower port timings than stock cylinders and need to be ported to even work right. 392 stock cylinder will cost you less if you have good cylinders. to answer your carb question. 28pwk's are perfect for all around, or 33pwk's if you will be dune/dragging the bike.

Have to agree with the other guys. Don't waist your money on Athena. Are your stock cylinders in good shape. What bore are they on?

If they're still fresh simply send them to a site sponsor for port work. Or start looking for a virgin set, scoop them up and send those out.

BTW welcome to BHQ :)

Troy

Thanks guys, I have priced out the Athena kits for around 700.

My jugs are cherry and the pistons are 64.00. I need more power on the ice. I figured with the athena kit i could go big jug and big piston. I have heard the athena jugs are already ported thats what makes them special. I could send out my stock for bore and port and polish and then get big pistons and a cool head but that may be more than 700 so still throwing out ideas.

Thanks guys, I have priced out the Athena kits for around 700.

My jugs are cherry and the pistons are 64.00. I need more power on the ice. I figured with the athena kit i could go big jug and big piston. I have heard the athena jugs are already ported thats what makes them special. I could send out my stock for bore and port and polish and then get big pistons and a cool head but that may be more than 700 so still throwing out ideas.

Big pistons don't equal power. Call Redline racing,talk to Cam. He can get your stock cyls to out preform an Athena kit any day of the week. Follow his advise for supporting mods and you'll be happy.

Current mods on a 03 Banshee;

40mm radiator with billet impeller. +4 Timing, vforce4 reeds, running on 93oct with 20:1klotz. Stock carbs with 290jets and pod filters. Stock pistons, crank & trans. Wanting to install the 392 Athena kit; jugs, pistons, head, ect.

What carb setup will give me the most power with the 392 kit with pod filters?

What else can I do to make more power besides going to alcy or a cub engine?

Thanks in advance guys for your time and input. I respect what you have to say so lets do it to others. Thanks.

I'm assuming you're looking at all of this and intend to buy this off of eBay?

Are you actually ice racing or just playing around? My first ice motor was a 370 long rod from Redline. That thing was amazing and I don't think it was super expensive. You should give Cam a call and see what he can do on the budget you have in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk