Bad seller Andrew sorensen and motor builder involved also

jscharphorn

I purchased a 421 cub from Andrew Sorensen, he said it had less the 20 hours on it and probably closer to 10 hours.

I received the motor and I had Proformance Prototype look at it to make sure all was good.

Shawn said clutch plates are burnt up and when that happens it eats the fibers, I contacted Andrew and with a hassle he finally made right on it. he did say that he got the clutch from Fast,  but Andrew used stock steels so the clutch was not all fast like Andrew said it was.

We took the head and cylinders off and the engine builder Steve Sole did not use stud extenders and you could see the ware in the cylinders already.

Andrew called Steve and Steve ended up calling Shawn  and when asked about the stud extenders Steve said ya I just didn't use them, also it seemed to be missing 2 O rings in the cool head, could they have flown out sure its possible but we never found them.

Then Shawn noticed the clutch side crank seal was on backwards and something looked funky in the bottom of the cases so I told him to pull the motor apart.

one of the O rings on the crank was in pieces and someone used a dremel tool in the bottom of the case to try and attempt a mod but it was a hack job.

Andrew said send the motor back if your not happy but at that time it would cost me $175 plus gaskets to get the motor back together and then about another $100 for shipping so it was not worth the loss.

Well to make matters worse I sent the tranny  to Camatv, he just contacted me and said someone got the clutch ball to hot and it welded it to the shaft and someone tried to cut the ball off and when doing so they damaged some gears and the shaft, $110 worth of parts.

So I contacted Andrew and he is not willing to pay the $110, he said send the motor back.

I am not about to loose over $300 to do this even though  it really needs to be sent back because I could buy a good motor for what I will have into this hacked up job.

So be carful buying any parts from Andrew  he sent Steve these hacked up parts to put this motor together.

Be carful if you have Steve Sole put a motor together, he installed seal backwards and cut corners on stud extenders plus did he have anything to do with the case hack job and tranny fix ?

I showed the pics that Camatv sent me and Andrew said those look useable to me so again Andrew would hack anything up to make a sale.

Personally from the bad experiences in the past that are plastered all over here I think anybody who buys a complete engine that's not in pieces is asking for trouble. You could buy something complete from a competent seller and there could still be issues. There's too many things going on inside to buy them as a whole unless it's in a running bike.

• Like 2

Personally from the bad experiences in the past that are plastered all over here I think anybody who buys a complete engine that's not in pieces is asking for trouble. You could buy something complete from a competent seller and there could still be issues. There's too many things going on inside to buy them as a whole unless it's in a running bike.

Cool. I'll tear the sc apart. You come inspect, I'll put back together, then you buy?
  • Like 1