Am i missing anything for my build

ryan954

I see, mine came back with the bearing on the drum so I was curious. And yeah Sprinklerman, when I assembled everything there was no real wear in the case from the way it was stock.

What I did notice was where the shift shaft comes through the clutch side case, that looks like a good spot for a bearing or bushing as my case was a little egged out, and there was some galling on the original shift shaft. I didn't do anything about it, but is there a "mod" for that?

You can do a sleeve in the case for the shift shaft.

OP, find an image with every nut and bolt of the entire motor. Either in a microfiche, clymer, etc. But make sure you not only see that you have everything, but check the condition of every component. Rods for the shift forks, eccentric hardware, new clutch retaining clip, bronze bushing on the clutch ok?, case studs, clutch arm hardware, EVERYTHING. Jeff has a pretty decent website, it helps to just go page by page in the OEM section and just get almost everything new.

In what motor you had 140psi with 23cc domes?? I thought you were just about to build this 421Serval?

I can´t remember my friends compression. His domes are custom cut for our pump-gas. It´s a little different than your pump-gas.

Have you talked to Jeff about your domes? If so, you are good to go. If not, I would call to Jeff or Cameron and ask.

My old setup was a 4mil stroker. It had some port work. But the guy i bought it from didnt know what kind of port job it had. And yea i talked to jeff. I bought my coolhead from him a while ago for my old set up. And he told me to go with the 23cc to be on the safe side because he didnt know what kind of port job i had

I've never understood why people want a drag bike and trail bike all in one.  It's not going to happen.......

So are you ridding trails but doing the occasional racing for fun with buddies?  If so go with the Serval but have it ported. (Dune Port)

If your more into competitive racing then you need to rethink your build.  Your not going to achieve  a top notch racer and a somewhat trail bike.  It just not possible.   IMHO anyway...... To each his own.

• Like 2