what else can i do to make my bike shift easier?

ryan954

If your going for cheap I'm guessing camatv is the answer. If your going for a reputable builder who pays sponsorship to the site to advertise and supports the sport, then Redline is your answer. I know who I'd choose.

I get where you're going with that. Have you physically had both trans' in your hands?

I've had Redline in my hand. I've seen with my own eyes one in a set of cases. Differences yes. Differences in shifting, don't know. Here's my take.

Each of us choose a proffesion. Each has made choices, made sacrafices, etc. to be in said profession. All of these cost money and effect the food that goes on your table. It is "easy" to moonlight some work and create some side cash. We've all done it, at some point we've all benefited from someone doing it. But I don't agree with anyone (not just camatv) being as open about it in a forum who has paying sponsors (not just Redline, there are others who can cut a tranny as well) I get that we are talking a couple hundred dollar tranny job, whatever. And I understand that camatv hasn't been in here preaching his trannys and cheetahs yet. But what I do understand is that many sponsors of this site pay for what often is offered by him for free. By all rights, there is 1 person making bangshee harnesses. Richie was just peddling a few foot pegs. They both payed. This thread has turned to a Redline or Camatv debate. For me it's simple. Redline has put his neck out there to be a viable business in this country and in this fucked up industry. He pays taxes, he has a brick and mortar location, he's insured, etc. He's a business. I'm not saying anything good bad or any different about camatv. I'm sure his shit works great. I'm not saying the guy shouldn't send it to camatv. I'm just saying where I'd send mine.

All things aside, at least this vato isn't trying to send it to WCR.

• Like 1

Tyson does a good pro-mod too.. i have one, it works awesome. I went to his shop, he swapped me cut gears for my uncut gears.. i was in and out withing 15mins.

sorry  i have been busy and didnt check the site.

your right n2slow  i dont have a full on atv business. i just do a few things for people online, have a good turnaround time, am not trying to fund a 4 cyl cougar with anyones money or pay for a dyno.  i dont build full on motors for just anyone.  i really got back into this trans modification from a lot of people i know having to deal with the bullshit of the duneable and the fact they shred shift forks and fill the cases with debris..  i'm sure that redlines trans works just fine. i mean its basically the same modification as far as i know  only i wont do just one thing like a star or shift shaft for anyone.  i dont feed anyone with a line of bullshit about anything.  all the work i do, i do myself at my house ( which is wood not bricks oops) and lately have just put the very small amount i actually make from these back into better tooling to hopefully get the overrides i think this sport needs going.  

i am only another option to consider for this modification.  send it to me  send it to redline hell send it to any other site sponsor most times they just farm them out and who knows who will actually do the work..   

i know i dont sponsor the site but unlike a LOT of other sponsors i do try to give insight on a lot of topics that people have troubles with their bikes.  i have seen it all on these atv's, broken more junk then most anyone else, and had the pleasure of working with a few certain motor combo's and figuring out what works and what dosent..

if i have to sponsor the site i can  but at this point over the course of a year i have made about 200.00 in profit from the transmission jobs i get off this site.  the tooling to do these transmissions fast is not cheap.  i dont sell any parts i dont have a full on atv business.  tyler just needs to let me know if i am overstepping my bounds..  i'm positive redline is doing just fine without me hurting his business enough to really make a shit. in fact if he got backed up enough to need help with transmission work i'd sure offer my services to his customers.  i know i have done some for a few other sponsors on this site already.  it actually works really well.  the customer send the motor to whoever,  they contact me and then send me the trans  and i do the work to it and send it back.  it can make for a really fast turnaround on a full motor build....    just a thought...