Stripped footpeg insert in frame Help!

Green95LX

I read the about the idea of doing this from the jds guy. Searched on google and found it o figured since it was him writing it up it was fine to do. Even it if did break off I still have the original bolt up front. My foot peg isn't going to just fall off completely.

So now that your talking about that makes me want to not use all thread. Zilla your a know it all kinda guy where do I find those foot peg inserts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the about the idea of doing this from the jds guy. Searched on google and found it o figured since it was him writing it up it was fine to do. Even it if did break off I still have the original bolt up front. My foot peg isn't going to just fall off completely.

So now that your talking about that makes me want to not use all thread. Zilla your a know it all kinda guy where do I find those foot peg inserts

Do you really have to ask that question? This thread has the dimensions for replacement bungs...

Have you seen a hardened steel threaded rod for sale at home depot? Everyone I have seen have been the lowest grade of steel.

No but there's just as many fastenals around if not more than there are home depots. How hard is it to go in there and buy some?

I read somewhere on this site on a quick and inexpensive fix to get by with stripped foot peg bolts. I drilled the holes out to 1/2" and put a 17" long piece of 1/2" all thread going from peg to peg. Turned out pretty good actually.

Yikes I did the same thing. I figured it would bend before it would just snap off. Guess I'm gonna add these inserts to my list of things to do.