New Banshee Owner Questions!

ryguy27

I just purchased a 2001 Banshee with FmF Gold Series Fatty Pipes, Power Core 2 Silencers, Pro Design Cool Head, V Force Reeds, Boost Bottle, and I have a few newbie questions. What would you all recommend for a fuel/oil ratio? Previous owner said he ran 50:1. It starts first kick and although i haven't put anytime on it, just up my lane seems to run good. Also it is low on coolant, what is the best coolant to run? Last and most stupid question is when starting do you use both chokes on each carb or just the left side? Sincerely appreciate the help!

IMO anytime you buy a bike you should clean the carbs. Check the jetting, do a leakdown test and put new plugs in so after riding for awhile you can see how the plugs look. Some people use 32:1, 40:1 or I think I've seen people use ams oil at 50:1 if I'm not mistaken. Depends on the oil. Most applications are 32 or 40:1 for the most part

You may be surprised how many guys are out there runnin alky 20:1. Guess that's different. OP, no you do not need both chokes. Maybe in extreme temp changes but for the most part my bike fires with just one pulled and almost immediately the other cyl is firing as well.