vibration after rebuild?

RooR

i didnt touch anything in the bottom end...

would going from stock to a ported/high compression engine make a difference with vibration? it was very smooth running before the rebuild... i noticed it as soon as i started it up for the first time.....i may just be paranoid?

Is it actually coming from the internals? Maybe this is a dumb as fuck idea but thought I might throw it out there anyway but if it's just a subtle vibration and if you pulled the motor did you possibly forget these?

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=307

I thought I read in another post your banshee quit running, and you tore it apart finding pieces of piston and rings. Theres more to inspecting your crank then giving your connecting rods a good wiggle. Maybe those domes, and port job are the straws that broke the camels back.

soo i just went and rode her around for a few miles...first of all wow what a difference from my stock cylinders. I was worried about my SST pipes choking back too much power, but i don't see myself needing to change pipes for what im gonna do with the bike...but it ran really smooth and never vibrated or sounded bad or harmful. just a vibration around idle

I am worried that the fuel could be the problem...its turbo blue 110 but its probably been sitting in the tanks in the gas station since this spring...I'll probably order some vp110 to see if that makes a difference.

I left the engine in the frame for the rebuild...the pistons wernt broke they were burnt up on the exhaust size, the rings were broken but still in the groove and all pieces were accounted for

Ive rebuilt alot of engines, top and bottom ends, and all the crank bearings were really tight...I am worried that the crank is slightly out of phase

Im thinking a bottom end rebuilt isnt far off... +4mm? :D 

if the radiator gets hot then you can be sure the water pump is working fine. not sure what is considered normal vibration for these engines as ive only rode one banshee. mine vibrates as well. probly more than normal but its hard to say. noticed a few thousands play in the left side outboard bearing. as the engine revs higher it does smooth out though. still the crank is 10yrs old so its probly seen better days. and who knows how little oil the previous owner used in the gas

Edited by registered user