What brake setup is this?

sr73087

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So just getting back to this, I know its been awhile. It looks like the right side is definitely the 87-89 and all together, however the left side is something different. I just want to verify that I just need a spindle. It looks like the hub is the same. The reason I realized this is that I purchased an 87-89 brake caliper with bracket and the spacing is different so the caliper bracket will not bolt up.

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

So the rotors are interchangeable, but I would need to switch over the bolts based on the hubs? And the knuckle on the left side (side I need a caliper), is off an a-arm?

Just to clarify, I have an a-arm upper and lower control arm with a J-arm brake setup?

it looks like your one side has a a arm spindle, but no caliper, and the other side has a j arm setup.  

so you are going to want to replace one of your spindles so they are the same setup one each side,  either another j arm spindle, and run all the j arm brakes, or another a arm, and 2 calipers for a arm brakes.