What the ultimate drag motor to build

Whatever happened with that DMX motor, did you ever get it running right? Or did you go back to the 443

I passed the DMX to the boy's. We narrowed it down to the pipes/domes or a combination of the two. Angel talked with Tim @ Titan & he had the same problem on his DMX. It took 3 back to back runs on the dyno to make power & heat. Tim's fix was a different dome configuration & a change to the pipes. That's the same plan of attack we are going to use. Hope to have it at the track before the end of the year.

I have another set of back-up cub cylinders that were equal or better than the ones I sold. I have my old 7mm crank that needs to be rebuilt. So some time in the future, I've been wanting to put another 443 back together, but thinking about doing it with in frame drag pipes.

465 cub on alky in a rigid chassis no bar will get you low 7's so you're gonna need to get into a DM motor for sure and with a bar.

Now, to give you another clue! A stock chassis, no bar, stock stroke Cub can get you mid to low 6's. A member on here has done it many times. I'm sure there's a time slip floating around BHQ somewhere. LOL!

i think you have me confused with a guy that has never ran asphalt. maybe because most of my pic's came from a sand surface? idk... either way i know what it takes to put a 200lb rider into 3 digit speeds and i know what kind of speeds is required to achieve mid 6's-mid7's in the 1/8....

i have never ran a bar on asphalt, or sand, but i guess i just got lucky setting clutches up and knowing how to ride so i never needed one. hell maybe that's why i have never seen a 5 on a stellar +10/+14 rigid, 121hp alky motor. maybe it's me just not knowing anything about asphalt compared to you.

I don't have you confused, but you clearly need a clue for asphalt. Heck, you might even need it for sand.

Now, if your only running mid 6's - mid 7's with your above set-up example. You clearly need some more clues about: your lucky clutch settings, your no bar riding, 121 hp alky motor & your asphalt set-up.

Now, I've mentioned (in this thread) 3 different/owner Cub combos doing what you can't do . I'm sure none of them are close to your 121 hp. So, then again go try to find your clue.

Put that on the back burner & let it simmer!