Sealer on Reed Gaskets

ClayAiken

i have had all kinds of problems with intake gaskets..

i now just run ultra grey ( says right on the package solvent, chemical gas resistant. ) for years and years.  only about 7 bucks a tube. and easier to clean than the 1211 crap  no gaskets at all   seal it up  slap it together  and ride.  just dont go overboard and use 1/2 a tube a side.   it takes just a nice thin coat  just like cases.

well sometimes sealer wont help because the leak is through the gasket material. thats why its important to use high qaulity gaskets. i dont have alot of experience with the yamaha gaskets yet but from working on honda and ktm the oem stuff is typically the way to go. with aftermarket brands you never know what your going to get sometimes. now some engines may require special thickness gaskets or special shapes and what not but in those situations i recomend using something like klingersil. its about the best material on the market. ive done a few engines where i needed to lift the cylinder for various reasons with thicker gaskets and i always use klingersil because it hasnt failed me yet. ive even stacked the shit under cylinders and never a problem. 4300 is mostly what i use but theres alot of other materials http://thermosealinc.com/index.cfm/m/4/s/3/ss/33.cfm

Problem is, in the banshee community it seems that for every one good product there are 10 knock offs. Even knock offs that claim to be OEM.

I have found that the VForce gaskets are top notch and they are about the only ones I don't put sealer on.