Slides backwards causing jetting change?

ETR174

I fucking put the 280 mains and 27.5 pilots in. I will fire the bike up tomorrow.

Out of frustration....

And because those are the jets you can find.....

AFTER we badger you to death about it......

If it wasn't for your slide issue......would you eve n be listening right now?......

Also this "jerkoff around the corner" has the EXACT SAME SETUP AS ME! UNI Filter, FMF pipes with stock silencers. EVERYTHING, I'll start with 280's. I'm not doubting you tricked, I put 280's in and I'll fire it up tomorrow. I will post a video too.

Edited by ETR174

My buddy had accidentally put his slides in backwards and it ran like shit , I would imagine that if he's been fucking with it for this long , I'm sure the slides have been out a hundred times....

You would think he would have noticed or maybe even read the tech sheet from mikuni

My buddy had accidentally put his slides in backwards and it ran like shit , I would imagine that if he's been fucking with it for this long , I'm sure the slides have been out a hundred times....

You would think he would have noticed or maybe even read the tech sheet from mikuni

Yeah that's pretty much what happened to me. The guy who owned it last put the slides in the wrong way and when I removed tors I put electrical tape on the left slide (really the right) and when I put it back in like that it still ran like shit. Guess when I go up north Friday I'll know what a Banshee is REALLY supposed to run like.

OK... here's what I was getting at...

You want help and when you get suggestions, your dad, neighbor, uncle, previous owner, friend, weed eater mechanic said to do something else so you do something else.  

The only reason you are taking the advice about the 280's that you got is because you couldn't find 270's, so don't come off like you're listening to the advice given.

OK... here's what I was getting at...

You want help and when you get suggestions, your dad, neighbor, uncle, previous owner, friend, weed eater mechanic said to do something else so you do something else.

The only reason you are taking the advice about the 280's that you got is because you couldn't find 270's, so don't come off like you're listening to the advice given.

Ok:

1: This guy is a BansheeHQ member and this was a suggestion given to me.

2: I took it into careful consideration and decided to go ahead and do 280's not just because of the 270 missing but because like Starwriter said "Jets are cheaper than pistons".

And 3: I HAVE TAKEN TONS OF ADVICE BEFORE AND THEY DIDN'T WORK BECAUSE OF THE SLIDES. When someone told me to do the same jetting as someone else told me and it didn't work people assume that I'm not listening by them. I've had suggestions by Kan Powersports and other members that I've tried before and they didn't work and they call BS on me!

I've actually tried putting my slides in backwards , just to see if it is a mistake that can be made.

I guess that mistake could be made but they just don't look right. You can tell plus the tech sheet / exploded view would pretty much tell the story plain as day. But if it's your first shee It is possible I suppose... Anyways a bit of advice don't piss these guys off , they know their shit and they keep scammers off the site to protect the good guys. I think you should lay low for awhile and be really respectful and exhaust your options before going psycho girlfriend poster with 15 pages again

I've actually tried putting my slides in backwards , just to see if it is a mistake that can be made.

I guess that mistake could be made but they just don't look right. You can tell plus the tech sheet / exploded view would pretty much tell the story plain as day. But if it's your first shee It is possible I suppose... Anyways a bit of advice don't piss these guys off , they know their shit and they keep scammers off the site to protect the good guys. I think you should lay low for awhile and be really respectful and exhaust your options before going psycho girlfriend poster with 15 pages again

Yes this is my first. The problem is that everyone calls bullshit on me when I try their suggestion and it doesn't work.

and it was bullshit because your slides were in backwards

Exactly! I didn't know that, this is my first Banshee. The first bike I've done carb work on. Also it was this way when I got it. I didn't think nothing was wrong with that, just that the jets needed cleaning. I've heard stories of people going wheelie crazy on these and I've always been wondering why mine won't. Now I found the problem.