Where does this spring go?

Rapture

That spring looks like it goes in the twine head of a weed eater. Have seen those in some 4 stroke oil filter housings also. Not a Banshee part. 

Yea i know exactly what you mean. I re-strung a weed wacker a few months ago and i thought it may have been from that but its slightly bigger. I guess i'll just see what happens ..

Just finished putting back together the top end and side covers, but i have this spring left over. The only place i can see it might go with is the neutral switch, but i don't remember one coming out and there's not one on the diagram? I have parts all over the bench at the moment so there a chance its from somewhere else but im pretty sure its from the engine. Any ideas?

20140822_093603.jpg

20140822_093620.jpg

The spring in this picture is closer to the size of the shift drum. Clearly not a spring for fitting in shift fork shafts.

There are no springs that shape or size inon or around a Banshee motor.

You got oddball parts laying on your bench.

(Some of those weedwacker/string trimmers have dual springs in the head)

Maybe it's time to reach out to lawn maintenance website to check that string trimmer assembly. LOL