Methanol barrel dripping

Working in the ship this evening and it's pretty quite, and I hear a dripping sound coming from the inside of my 54 gallon methanol drum. I have it sitting on lots of wood.

I'm worried is this moister dripping in the barrel bad? As in is it outside moister getting in? Or is it just the methanol sweating?(if that's possable)

This thing is pretty much full, sure would not be good if it was slowly going bad?

Can someone who know better let me know if this is just normal, or not.

condensation or shitty barrel or rusted barrel i have one rust out on me last year but from the out side in. try lighting it on fire if it burns its alky if it doesnt just condensate.

id move the drum before lighting it.

If your worried about water contamination you could pour it through a chamois when filling your small can to mix in. Should remove almost all the condensation.

I thought this was BS, but I thought maybe... Did some googling on the subject. Although some people claim this to work, people working in the alcohol industry and people with chemistry knowledge will disagree.

"It won't work. Alcohol is hygroscopic and it's molecules intermix with water molecules and the two can't not be separated with a filter. If you mix one part alcohol with one part water you don't get two parts you get something less. Alcohol being hygroscopic absorbs water from the air and a filter will not remove it. The only way to effectively remove water from an alcohol is to distill it."