Fmf Sst Vs. Trinity Stage Iv

Hockey390

Which is a better pipe, the FMF SST, or the trinity stage IV pipes? I have done no mods to my engine as far as porting or boring.

Also on the trinity racing site it says that (and dont quote me because I'm not looking at the site...Its down.) the stage IV pipe will bring your shee up to the 50's in HP while another top name pipe only brings you to the 30's.. Those numbers dont seem right but you get the point, it says on the site that they produce more HP then any other pipe on a shee.

So now its your turn.......What is better and why.

PS.

I'm looking for a good all around pipe...I do trail riding and dunes.

My g/f's shee has the stage IV pipes & silencers. They sound good--preferrable to FMF IMHO...and the low-mid is great, especially with the single carb setup. I need to get her new clutch installed so I can really see how they perform. They came on the banshee when I got it... the fit & look great, no complaints about their performance either. ;)

I had a set of FMF Gold's and found them to be substandard. The Trinity Pipes I have now are the stainless version and have an outstanding finish and fit and produce better power delivery than the FMF's. I highly doubt you will find a set of Trinity pipes for the same cost as any FMF pipe unless the Trinity's are really beat. If you have stock pipes now, any pipe will be an improvement but if you're going to spend money, get the pipes that best fit your riding style and not so much the appearance or sound. Even a rusty steel pipe that delivers power the way you want it is better than a shiney pipe that sounds good but slows you down.

Don't believe any of the websites either. No-one sold anything by saying they are the #2 choice :huh:

I had the SST they pull really hard but seem to die off up top..I would say the trinity pipes have a better top end pull then the sst.. if you are trail riding then the SST are the ones to get..but if you were to drag and plan to port the motor then CPI for sure..I wouldnt get the trinitys

i have a friend that has the trinity pipes and his shee sounds decent and when i rode it the powerband kicks smooth as a dose of exlax. Whats the real deal on these pipes are they good and what pipe are they equivilant to or close? He might be selling them soon for cheap.

• 2 weeks later...