Anyone else having problems with Tyson Racing?

twittle

I sure don't answer my phone for work on a Sunday. If he's willing to do that,,, I'd say go for it.

He's always treated me great.

Just be aware that his stuff is more for the "willing to DIY a little" crowd. If you aren't able or willing to do some simple finish fitting, you might want to specify that up front to him.

• Like 1

I sure don't answer my phone for work on a Sunday. If he's willing to do that,,, I'd say go for it.

He's always treated me great.

Just be aware that his stuff is more for the "willing to DIY a little" crowd. If you aren't able or willing to do some simple finish fitting, you might want to specify that up front to him.

could you explain? or give an example

I know anything I say will be considered biased.

Here's the deal with brad, he his one of my best friends so I do know the ins and outs of what he's got going and how he does things. Trust me when I say that everytime he hears his phone rings he drops what he's doing to answer it. But the fact is that he does work 16 hrs a day under his welding helmet or running his lathe or his mill. He has to work sometime so by the time he's done busting ace to get stuff done-yes he'll have 22 missed calls and 15 text messages.. I've seen it numerous times. Is this an excuse to not return phone calls? Absolutely not. Is he ok with it? I know for a fact that it bothers him that he struggles to stay caught up. He does have a guy that works for him that basically does all of his running around so he can stay in the shop all day. The problem really is if he was to take on all the extra costs you guys are describing to make him (as you describe) a "legit" shop then this thread would be about how his prices are outrageous.

Here's the fact, you want one of the most diverse, experienced, knowledgable, skilled guys to build your parts, brad is the guy. From 1/8 mile drag cars, banshees, busas, drag sleds. Brad has done it all and has left his mark. There is also a 99.9% chance that if he does miss your call and he's not in his shop he's got someone there that he's helping tune their bike or he's out testing either a 4 wheeler or his car. Some may call that having priorities out of order, I think in this industry you always have to be evolving, that's what he does. Is he unorganized? Yes. Does he try his absolute best? Yes.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him, just trying to explain that he's not a scammer, this is his life-has been for 25 years and to keep work coming in he needs to keep his prices low but that also creates the problem that he can't afford to pay a fabricator-he tries his best to balance and works 8 days a week, stops to eat and quits at 830 when is wife gets home. That's the truth.

I'm sorry you guys had bad experiences with him, obviously I know it's hard to trust someone after you feel they wrong'd you but if anyone deserves your business-it's brad.

• Like 1

We have never had one Issue at all with Tyson. He has helped us out a ton, with new bike parts, transmissions and has spent alot of time helping us fix parts/pieces that have broken from other builders/people. Honestly I wouldn't run any other cut trans unless he's gone threw it they just hold up and consistanltly shift unlike others. He's got a small shop and is always busy. I usually send him a text (its been any day of the week day and night) and he gets back to us when he can. I owe him a Huge Thanks for Helping us out!

If you have a quality product, a fair price, people will happily wait.  Case in point.  Very good friend of mine builds rotary engines.  He's mostly a one man crew, but has help from time to time.  When someone calls asking about a building a motor, he just tells them upfront that he's 1 month out, or however long.  99% of the people have no problem with this.  The other 1% will go else where. Sounds like Tyson is a nice guy who has a quality product, fair price, but can't give someone a realistic time table. 

Thats something i learned a few years ago. If you tell people their stuff will be ready in a week but you know its more like 2 then they are mad and your always rushed. If you just tell them upfront and pad your timeline you are not as stressed and when you deliver as promised people are happy. Sure they might bitch about long lead times but they would be pissed if you delivered late anyway.

• Like 1