Engine rebuild

I didn't my first time..............................then a great guy on here told me, goddamn don't be a fucking lazy ass so on and so on. so 48 hrs later I did, hell he had me feeling so guilty I couldn't even start it , let alone ride it. rh side piston was missing about a half an inch of crown, but nothing in bottom end luckily. Im still an odd ball though.

Alright, thank you all. I am being told so many different things. I really do not want to open the bottom end and fuck something up, ya know?

So that is why I am asking.

I was told to just simply drain and check for metal frags because you may cause more problems tearing down the bottom end.

I am not a engine expert. 

Dude.... Just take it apart. If you don't find anything, great. At the very minimum you will have a completely fresh motor that SHOULD last. Or, you could chance it, put it together and have a catastrophe that means you not only gotta redo the top end yet again, but probably get stuck tearing the cases open any way. You're not just looking for the piece to be floating around. You're looking for fragmented/molten aluminum in the crank bearings and the big end of the rod.

The whole "draining" idea is worthless. That only drains the transmission oil. You need to be looking for pieces/damage in by the crank. The ONLY good way to do that is to split the cases.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

I agree with the majority here, split them cases just to be safe and peace of mind lol. I'm in Richmond so If your unsure about splitting them and want/need help let me now

Richmond is not far at all... That would be nice!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2