Best Gasket Brand?

Gasket King is an outstanding company that is also on Ebay and can make any gasket you need.  I have used their gaskets for years with no issues.

Just an fyi:  Most gasket failures are not due to the gaskets but the surfaces themselves or the prep of the surfaces. 

Gasket King is an outstanding company that is also on Ebay and can make any gasket you need.  I have used their gaskets for years with no issues.

Just an fyi:  Most gasket failures are not due to the gaskets but the surfaces themselves or the prep of the surfaces. 

what do you mean when you say surfaces? do you mean if the cylinder head is alright? please explain? and what would be a good material for a gasket? maybe i should go yamaha oem ?

what do you mean when you say surfaces? do you mean if the cylinder head is alright? please explain? and what would be a good material for a gasket? maybe i should go yamaha oem ?

By surfaces I mean the surface area where the gasket is being placed or touching.  It sounds like you are just wanting a head gasket.  I am talking about any gasket on the bike including the head gasket.  When a bike/motor is tore down, usually pieces of gasket get stuck to the sealing surface.  The sealing surface also usually gets dirt, oil, coolant, finger prints, etc. on it.  It may also get dinged up by dropping the parts or the surfaces could be warped for a number of reasons but usually due to too much heat or just poor manufacturing.  The way a surface is cleaned can easily lead to a poor sealing gasket surface too.

When a new gasket is installed, it is important to make sure the sealing surfaces are clean and flat before the new gasket is installed.  Some people even use some sealer on the gasket surface to help with potential leaks or just as added insurance against leaks.

You have to realize that all gaskets are not the same thickness either.  When replacing a head gasket or base gasket, your deck height and/or squish clearance is affected by gasket thickness.

OEM gaskets are great in quality but they can be pricey and they only come in one thickness.

Edited by mailman