Motor assembly HELP!

I'm putting my motor together and for the life of me I can't figure out what the hell is going on. I received maxload and tz bearings. The maxload has a full c clip and tz didn't come with one at all! Also my motor doesn't have a grove for a c clip on maxload side??? WTF? Am I just supposed to take the c clip off the maxload and use it on the tz bearing? My old stator side crank bearing didn't have a grove cut in it for a c clip. ?

image.jpgimage-2.jpgimage-1.jpg

Take the full clip off the max Load and use it on the clutch side TZ roller bearing. No clip on the stator side. Take the remaining OEM clip that was on the clutch side of the crank and move it back to the trans output bearing so that there is two clips making almost a full circle.

That little clip is probably off the kicker idler gear like finch said. The bronze bushing in the gear gets mushroomed out and pushes the clip off. Replace the bronze bushing with the steel one from Jeff at fast to prevent it again.

Thanks for the replies. Had to stop what I was doing for a family emergency.

I'll just grind the full c clip ends a bit to ensure that it fits when the cases go together.

As far as the circlip. Your talking about the kicker gear in the end of the trans? Or the other assembly that has the spring and stuff on it?

Because the circlip that holds the idler gear on was intact and in its place.

Just had my tranny redone. Could it have come from one of the tranny shafts? Because like I said, it was on the tranny side if the motor and I find it hard to believe that that thing could have made it through the little return fluid hole in the cases to end up below the trans.

Shoot. Hope not. I just bought the full clip from Fast. Hope it's cool in the 4mil I put together for my buddy. I always thought it just mattered that the groove was top and bottom.

No doubt me too, lmk what happens