the banshee im going to buy, need some advice

Ok guys heresthe deal the banshee i have my mind set on is a 02 stock yamaha banshee, everything on the bike looks mint, thr guy claims its only had three tanks of gas in it due to hes son moving out blah blah blah, basicly I want to know what to look at when im taking the final look at the bike with 3 grand in my hand, how do I check compression? Also when testriding it anything to listen for or look at i know to go threw all the gears when I test it but whatelse? Also a bigger question, is it worth 3 g's?? I wish I had a picture I could show u guys but sadly I wont, the guy wouldnt even let me sit on it because of the fearthat I would scuff the plastics, which are also mint by the way

Edited by Skitso559

Really? I see, yeah I see them but they are all with rebuilt motors and knowing someone I dont know wa s inside a motor that I might buy makes me think twice, also the reason behind the rebuilding.... ther eis a quad I see on cl here it ishttp://fresno.craigslist.org/snw/4511340836.html

But the engine is rebuilt why would it be rebuilt any idea? I just texted him and asked if he dtill has it he ses he does so I asked why its rebuild and my money situation hopefully hell cutt me some slack UPDATE: he said it was for regular maitnence and hes also a motorcycle machanic so he did the basic replacing top end pistons rings clips pins ect to freshin everything up! Oooohhh man im gettig excited! Thanks for the help guys!

I didn't add it up but I bet there's at least $3200 worth of aftermarket parts on it, making the base bike essentially free. Before you ride it though, get rid of that twist throttle.

Ahhhhh I didnt even see that! Goodd looking im not sure I would know how to convert back but for sure thumb over twist any day! He told me hes not in a hurry to sell and the bikewas posted 11 days ago if I can save my checks for a month this bike will be in my garage the very same day I hit 3000!!