Which is better 40:1 or 32:1 and why

I run 40:1 because it is easiest to mix in a 5 gallon jug. 16oz

I never understood this statement.. How the fuck u eye ball 16oz any better than another oz? U buy small things of oil or something? Can't believe ud spend more $$ on a small bottle just so u didn't have to measure.. I buy oil in gallon jug and use a ratio rite cup. Stuff a rag in it when done and keep in tote with tools.

I use 40:1 klotz super techniplate.

Edited by Banshee Chad

nothing worse than running out of oil on a trip. I did once and went to the local powersports and bought the yamalube they had. I mixed 50:1 with that and she ran very lean. Could have been a coincidence but the clutch went out on that first tank. Speaking of yamalube anybody run it? Whats a good mixture? This is just in case it happens again? 24:1?

yamapube i dont like.  tear into enough yamlubricated motros and you see why..

32-1 for me  get a ratio cup.  and ever heard of the internet?? they have these neato places you can ORDER anything you want  even GALLONS of oil..  on a gas bike i dont know why you would need to order a gallon anyway?  if you have a walmart close or really any parts store you can get wally world brand tcw3 and/or penzoil in a gallon for 13-19 bucks..  its great oil  ( yes its what i have ran for many years now)  

change your ratio  and it will change your jetting..   maybe not much  but it can.   also i have also seen changing oil brands affect jetting a lot also.  so does leaving your gas cans out  and open ( yes seen it a lot round har) 

you can go down to 5-1  it will smoke like a bitch but if you run 10-1 you can make more hp.  yes dyno proven many times..   i personally run 32-1.  gas  alky  either fuel  dosent matter.  4 oz to a gallon..   5 x 4 = 20  so 20 oz to a gallon.  or ratio rite cup  super easy.  just dont leave it in the back of the truck  they dont like getting ran over.... ( OOPS)

I run API TC or JT4 at 32:1 when its hot, and 40:1 when its not. For winter I rejet and go back to 32:1.

I went with API TC because its made to work in a broader temp range, it will handle heat better. I try to stick with 32:1 because it seems to leave a heavier oil film. This helps seal the rings, lube the bearings, and keeps carbon from building up.

I go to 40:1 for cool weather just because I know technically I'm offsetting the mix to get more fuel. The other part is I know the engine isn't going to be running as hot so I'm not as worried about burning off the oil film.

For cold weather its back to 32:1 for extra protection. The pistons are the first parts to absorb heat and start expanding before the cylinders. I'm always careful about allowing things to warm up before running hard.

That's my .02 and the reasons for it.