jetting problems?

Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a banshee that was rebuilt top and bottom end profesionally. bored .30 over long rod with boysen reeds and fmf gold series exhaust and powercore 2 scilencers. The jetting however was not done right. It seems to run fine but might have a small bog right before you hit the power band and once you shut the quad off after it is warm You cant get it to start unless you push start it. I pulled my plugs out and they had a greyish look with some carbon like deposits. the engine runs at about 180 in 60 degree weather, normally ill be riding in 75-80 degree weather. just wondering how many turns stock the pilot and needle should be out an if i should go up or down a size on mains. Thank you for your time!

alrighty just ripped into the carbs for the first time today. I came out to have 260 mains. I couldnt't find a number on the pilot's if I was looking at the correct screw, to me they are a long screw with a lock nut and a taper at the end of the screw. They were turned all the way into the carb. Also my right side needle was slightly bent, I may have bent it myself whille pulling them out of the carb. Both plugs were the same color grey with deposits on them. The banshee doesnt smoke at all after it reachs running temp, i'm running amsoil interceptor 40/1, I doubt it was ever leak tested after the rebuild, I did a check on exhaust leaks but never intake leaks. I was assembeled by a local powersports guy back in 2011 and was rode 4 times after the rebuild until i got ahold of it. I went for a 60 mile ride and it was fine until the last 5 miles.

wondering if this jetting issue is do to the fact that I changed my oil/mix it was 32/1 with polaris pure an i changed it 40/1 with amsoil interceptor, so goin with less oil im guessing going with a bigger main and turning pilot out a bit more?

It says right here that the Amsoil Interceptor 2-stroke oil is good for use at 50:1.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/2-stroke/interceptor-2-stroke-oil/?code=AITQT-EA

Let's say you mix a 5 gallon jug.

40:1 is equal to 16oz of oil to 640oz of fuel.

32:1 is equal to 20oz of oil to 640oz of fuel.

Which of the two has more oil than fuel in a 5 gallon jug?

You're better off running 40:1 fuel/oil mix so your fuel mix has more fuel parts per million in the Air/Fuel Charge going thru the Carb into the engine.

What pilot jet do you have in the carbs now?

• Like 1