Only start with carb cleaner

Mrdjc

• 3 weeks later...

Well I bought a rebuild kit as my bowl gasket looked like ass. A screw had also stripped the threads so I added a longer screw with a nut to make a nice right seal. I triple checked my bowl height. Opened up the fuel and right carb started gushing fuel out of bowl tube but I ignored that and kicked it and it started! Now to adjust that bowl height ..... Again

Not sure what "bowl height" you are referring to but it is very common to get fuel leaking past the needle/seat.  If you are sure the float is installed right, just turn the fuel off, use the drain screw to drain some fuel on that carb, and turn fuel back on.  Sometimes something gets in the needle/seat and won't seal.  Have to get the pressure off of it.  

Sorry I meant float!

Well I guess it only started due to the fuel flossing out i dont know. Now I can start it and keep it running by priming it with a little fuel in the carbs and it stays running. Still have the problem of the right side exhaust getting hotter quicker than the left. Left seems to get warm only.

The choke doesn't seem to work until the bike is running. Once running I can see the shot of fuel when I pull the choke out.

I placed my hand over the left carb intake side while running and the rpms shot up. Tried the same over the right and it seemed to make it bog.

Any ideas or leads?