1911's

jbooker82

Ok. I'll take that. But what else did I say that was inaccurate?

I don't know........I've put just over 2000 rounds thru a Kimber target II with never an issue. I have a total of 4 magazines, so when I step up on range, I'm rowing a lot of ammo in a short amount of time. Even with a hot gun and cheap ammo doing speed drills it never acts up.

Yes I fucked up! I'll take that hit. Magazine! Magazine ! I made a mistake. Sorry. I've blown up more shit then you've seen in movies. And fired more weapons than you've dreamed about. Just because I'm not overly obsessed with some "cool" looking semi auto black pistol that I can Maybee strap my stupid fucking Swiss Army knife too. Doesn't mean I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. Everyone is asking. What's the best? Who does this ? What company does that. You are joking yourself with this oh I got a big "mag"! I have a laser site. All you need is a BASIC weapon to do any type of damage.

36.jpg

I'm not overly obsessed with some "cool" looking semi auto black pistol that I can Maybe strap my stupid fucking Swiss Army knife too......

But for some reason i did start a post about buying an overpriced 10 shot version of an AR-15.......

All you need is a BASIC weapon to do any type of damage.

Tho I'm not sure why I need a 10 shot AR, since if more that 6 guys are coming for me....I probably deserve it.

Besides semi-auto pistols jam. I'm sure semi auto rifles do to.

maybe I'll just go real old school and get a cowboy action revolver and a nice lever action rifle.

Hell a muzzle loader and a single shot dueling pistol should do the job. I can just beat the ones that didn't run away to death with the empty guns.

There. Fixed it for you. LOL

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with a revolver. It is in fact a good defense gun because if it doesn't fire the first time you can pull the trigger again, where as a semi auto you have to re rack the slide to chamber another round. I am not looking for a carry self defense gun though. I like the look and feel of the 1911 so that is why I am considering one.

I have two kimber TLE custom II. Also have a Wilson sentinel. I like the kimbers because they are all made from the same block of metal and are together from start to finish.. Unlike most others guns where they are made in masses. Kimber takes pride in there firearms and there guns are hand made and tested befor they leave there shop.... Your going to pay around 1000 for a kimber but its worth every penny..

I brought this ( Girsan MC1911SHC-C2 45ACP 5" sport w/ rail, chrome $450) and for almost half the price of the other high dollar brand, theirs no beating this gun, great feel, great shooting to weight ratio, very and I mean very accurate, easy to clean and did I say half the price of all these expensive ass guns mentioned above???

I buy a lot of guns and shoot a lot of guns and this 1911 was my first 1911 (because like you I wanted one)  but not the first 1911 I have shot and hands down the owners of other 1911 (My friends) actually liked this gun better then their high dollar 1911, after telling them what I paid for this gun and them shooting nice groupings with this gun they where very surprised, read the reviews about this gun. you'll find them very helpful

You started the thread mentioning Kimber and Springfield.  These are the two makes I deliberated between.  I ended up buying a Kimber Crimson Custom Carry II.  This has Crimson Trace grip laser sights.  I love this gun.  Trigger pull is smooth as butter, light, with a crisp break.  The gun is comfortable in my hand and I can hit my target soooo well.  (much better than the composite S&W I own).  The Springfield I looked at is the Range Officer model.  It is a new 1911 offered by Springfield and has gotten rave reveiws.  Some reviews, I read the authors mentioned it shooting better than their Kimber...I didn't think the trigger pull equalled the Kimber, but did not shoot the R.O.

Neither model has a picatinny rail or accessory rail.  You will have to get a different model for those accessories.

For just plinking, the Springfield has a much better price point.  Best price I found was about $780.  The Kimber was about $1140.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

You started the thread mentioning Kimber and Springfield.  These are the two makes I deliberated between.  I ended up buying a Kimber Crimson Custom Carry II.  This has Crimson Trace grip laser sights.  I love this gun.  Trigger pull is smooth as butter, light, with a crisp break.  The gun is comfortable in my hand and I can hit my target soooo well.  (much better than the composite S&W I own).  The Springfield I looked at is the Range Officer model.  It is a new 1911 offered by Springfield and has gotten rave reveiws.  Some reviews, I read the authors mentioned it shooting better than their Kimber...I didn't think the trigger pull equalled the Kimber, but did not shoot the R.O.

Neither model has a picatinny rail or accessory rail.  You will have to get a different model for those accessories.

For just plinking, the Springfield has a much better price point.  Best price I found was about $780.  The Kimber was about $1140.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

The Springfield TRP is about the same price point as the Kimber that I was looking at. Both are around $1300.  The TRP is supose to be Springfields top of the line production gun, short of their custom shops Professional model.