silverlake dunes

:Crybaby:

im trying to find out if im allowed to run cpi out of frame drag pipes with no silencers, anyone know? thanks

You can run them…….

Just ZERO chance you can run them at Silver Lake. LOL

You need things like silencers AND spark arrestors.

Spark arresters. Because there are a shit ton of trees on sand dunes and 2 strokes throw sparks out of pipes. How gay.

Tons of brush and trees at St Joe and they've never enforced those rules. I don't go there often but I haven't seen a forest fire on the news.

Taken from the Rules http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10365_15070-34760--,00.html about half way down. Further down is EXHAUST SYSTEM RULES AND TESTING..

(a) Vehicles shall be equipped with a muffler and spark arrester containing baffles, shall meet the muffler and spark arrester requirements specified in subsection (g) of section 81133 of Part 811, Off-Road Recreational Vehicles, Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994PA 451, MCL324.81133(g), and shall successfully pass a muffler and spark arrester baffle test.

(B) A maximum noise level of 94 dB(A), or the current EPA emissions limit, shall be met.  The testing provisions of current SAE J 1287, June 93 standard for ATV and motorcycle vehicles and SAE J 1169, March 93 for all other vehicles shall be followed and all vehicles shall pass a stationary sound level test.  The stationary sound level test shall be administered from a 0.5 meter (19.69 inches) distance at one-half the engine’s maximum rated RPM and as further described by current testing provisions for the particular vehicle.

They allow a 3dB overage.

The rule calls for 94 but can't go past 97.

They allow a 3dB overage.

The rule calls for 94 but can't go past 97.

I will have to use this decibel level meter APP on my phone to test before hand. Wonder what people do with Shearer inframes to make them spark-arrested. I dont believe they have factory spark-arrested silencers. (could be wrong, havnt examined mine or installed them yet)

Everyone runs the camp on "turbo" brand sparky spark arrestors.

Or with some fab work, the toomey units.

Have any of you guys been pulled over IN the dunes, like on the strip? I have a hard time believing they'd check someone out on the dunes during a busy (holiday) weekend.

Not for sound. They do that at the entry and it's random and rare. (Only 3 sound checks in our group in 15+ years. )

But at the strip DNR will swing thru and eyeball the drag bikes. Lately they even have a 4x4 quad with a ranger chilling on the hills around the strip with binoculars.

Anyone know what DB fresh packed big bore shearer in frames produce?

More than allowed. But my 10mill Cub rides right thru the gate for years untested.

Wife's 63 HP 370 long rod motor with BRAND NEW FMF Turbine Core Silencers gets testef at the 97 dB limit.