Coolant Over Flow

I have had my banshee for about 7 months now and it is the first liquid cooled quad that I have owned. About 2 months ago I was out running it a little hard but not hard enough to overheat, but it did it started spitting antifreeze out from the over flow and has done it several times since any ideas on how to correct the problem or why it is doing it

Just because it's spitting anit freeze out doesn't necessarily mean it's over heating. Mine did the same thing right before my water impellor starting throwing small chunks around. I replaced it and it wasn't spewing anymore. One thing is if you fill the radiator and bottle up completely full, then it's going to spew some for awhile. Just keep an eye on it for awhile and see what happens. Also... check your water impellor. If it's still stock... the problem may lie there.

Thanks for the hints.

I dont want to sound like an idiot but the first time that it spewed out I was doing donuts in a field and upset it so I added to the bottle and ran it for a while now that will fill the radiator too right? I only filled it to the min line but the second time it did it i was riding a little hard also but i did kinda run a cool down. were is the impeller found and a little off the topic if you were to do some after market changes what would the be and what kinda parts would you use i have herd that i should get a set of after market reeds and mill the heads if i would get a new set of reeds do i have to jet it and when you jet a twin cylinder do you have to have the carbs syncronized and is that hard to do

I realize there are a lot of ? so any help you could give me i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

First banshee

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not saying that you are like this, but when my friend got a banshee, he din't shift enough if you know what I mean, and he just climbed hills over and over, and the bike would get so hot that the antifreeze was boiling, you could hear it from a mile away(haha). I had to tell him how to shift it a little better. You also gotta bring it down a straight away every once in a while and get that cool air runnin through the radiator. You could also try the inline coolers. ;)

The best thing to do to solve most of the overheating problems is to switch to a prodesign impeller, it is fairly easy to do (in the right side case where the coolant hose goes to the case). Then always run engine ice. I've owned banshees for 10yrs and this seems to keep them cool. Don't reroute your overflow tube it's supposed to spit out on the pipes so when it's overheating you will see the smoke!