Update on the knocking

It's stock bore. I'm sending the head with the jugs to make sure it's all good. The pistons would have shown signs of them actually hitting too.

I don't have the money to freshen the engine up yet and riding season is right around the corner. I know I'm being a dumbass but as soon as I get the money to go through the engine it's gonna get done.

You ain't gonna make it through riding season. 79% of these dudes are assholes but 85% of em know what there talking about. The 4-500 you're spending on boring/pistons/gaskets is a absolute fuckin waist it'll be gone in 2-3 hard rides max if you don't do that bottom end. If the crank is ok , still spend a lil $ to have it welded and bearings replaced, that's a 27 year old crank come the fuck on quit tryna cut corners guys like u are the reasons all the faggots that don't have banshees say their always blowin up or brakin. That top end Will not last that's throwin $ out the window if u gotta miss a few rides fuck it miss em. I swear to god your gonna kick yourself in the ass if you don't listen to these guys because sheee will scatter blow up boom boom knock knock pow let her sit do a complete rebuild and clean that bitch up

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

You must be a part of that 79%. Obviously I know the consequences of not doing what I should do but when my dad who has 15+ years experience racing 2 strokes tells me that the crank looks great then I'm gonna take that more into consideration than everyone who says it's old and needs to be looked at. I don't have the money to do it now, I won't a month from now and I probably won't for another 3-4 months.

There was definitely a better way not to sugarcoat it though. I mean according to him I have a 4/5 change of him being of the said assholes. He might not be in general but that post definitely was coming off a bit asshole-ish.

I do appreciate everyone's response though, sugarcoated or not. 

There was definitely a better way not to sugarcoat it though. I mean according to him I have a 4/5 change of him being of the said assholes. He might not be in general but that post definitely was coming off a bit asshole-ish.

I do appreciate everyone's response though, sugarcoated or not.

Better toughen up cupcake, is all I can say.

Btw , unless your dad has x ray eyes there's no way he can tell if your crank is good without disassembly.

Sent from a van down by the river

That's what I was thinking, I don't really ride like a dick and I weigh half of what the guy before me weighed so if it didn't die with him I can't foresee it dying with me on it. I might just save up and buy a whole new bottom end and just see how long this one stays together haha

Thanks! I'm glad to be apart of it!

I bet all dad's experience is with single cylinder motors. He probably doesn't know stock Banshee cranks are prone to failure if not welded.

If everything truly is OK with the crank, it's only gonna cost you about $200 to split the cases, ship the crank to a builder, have it trued and welded, shipped back, and put together with new seals. Then you know it won't destroy your new top end.

But if it was gonna fail shouldn't it have failed 20 years ago? this thing is 27 years old! I think it's safe to say that these cases have never been split before. If I can dig up the funds to have it done I will, I'll send it straight to Jeff at FAST, but if I can't I'm just gonna leave it alone until I can. Knowing my luck, splitting them will cause the crank to break in half just cause I split them.

But if it was gonna fail shouldn't it have failed 20 years ago? this thing is 27 years old! I think it's safe to say that these cases have never been split before. If I can dig up the funds to have it done I will, I'll send it straight to Jeff at FAST, but if I can't I'm just gonna leave it alone until I can. Knowing my luck, splitting them will cause the crank to break in half just cause I split them.

I am not sure if you know this but bearings do wear out and fail.........