Thinking of building a banshee

eduhat

Hey guys,

I am thinking of building a banshee up. I found a local guy who has a 2006 SE Banshee rolling chassis who is the second owner. I have yet to go check the bike out, but he wants $1500 with plastics and $1200 without. He said that all it needs is a motor, carbs, and pipes and I'd be good to go, everything else is in place. What do you guys think of this deal? I have a trx450r but I've always liked banshees. How much could I find a decent motor for, and where should I look? I'm not trying to build anything crazy just something stock with pipes that I can have fun on. Might decide to put a 4mm crank in the future depending on the reliability of it. Is this a good deal? I also may sell it as an investment bike so should I go ahead and get the plastics as well?

Seems a little steep for a roller. Specially if it is all stock suspension, arms, axle... A stock motor will run you anywhere from 600-1500. If you keep your eyes peeled on here, there are always smoking deals on super nice motors ranging from 1500-5500. In all honesty, if you pay 1500 for the roller, figure on another 2-20k (depending on parts you decide to go with) before you ride it. Its the little things that add up QUICK!

There are some banshees that are local which average around $2500 for a complete bike. In my area, banshees are sold at premium prices and see some that are upwards of $4500. I was thinking of building it as a project to ride a bit and sell for an investment if I decide so. From what I can tell in the pictures, it is a nice clean bike. Im certainly not trying to spend anymore than $2700 on the bike total, which is a great price for a titled 06 SE. Check out miami.craigslist.org and let me know what you think about the prices on there. A lot of bikes down here don't have titles.

where are you, ive seen peeps say they`ve bought complete banshees for 15hundo...rough and needing full rebuilds but complete

you can buy a real nice clean one for 2500/3k, you might have to travel a bit to get it, or you can spend more than that building one and have less of a bike

Speaking from experience. banshees are not good investments, they can be money pits, especially if you get addicted to power.

I see banshees with up over 15k invested sell for 3500.... if you want to make money on one buy it cheap and hope it's not about to grenade, then part it out.. :banana:   

^^^^ Exactly!

This is the kind of deal you want to look for. This bike was for sale near me for $2500. Ported motor, Pro Circuit pipes, cool head, Works shocks, aftermarket chrome A arms, chrome roundhouse swingarm, paddles, mohawks, wheels, crome V bars, etc., etc.

00T0T_jEP3o6YeAU2_600x450.jpg

wow what a machine that is depressing lol

Thanks for the advice guys. I am in Miami, Florida and bikes down here sell for way too much. It is sometimes hard to find a bike with a title down here! I haven't seen many bikes down here that interest me. If I do end up liking the banshee I wouldn't mind keeping it. I have a 05 trx450 I can always sell. I don't really want to travel to find a bike, but it did cross my mind as it would save me money even with the travel expenses.